avelo x-row folding bike have I made a mistake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My daughter (40 year old) is trying to loose weight, I lent her a man's bike good quality, but she has no bike rack so has to remove wheels to get it in car, she says the cross bar is a problem as well, it is really too big for her, I have a SMLRO folding electric bike, darn heavy, but since it folds easy to put in car, and the electric compensates for weight. But even that has a high cross bar, I at 6 foot often lie it down step astride it and then pick it up.

Saw this avelo x-row folding bike for sale, bit scrubby, but at £40 not breaking the bank, and compared with my bike so light. Low cross bar, no suspension or disk brakes, 6 speed derailer gears, twist grip change, 26 inch wheels, but a hunt for bike to get instructions comes up with nothing. She has always had hub gears in the past, she has never used derailer, so wanted some instructions to go with it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just ease off the power a bit while changing gear. Much like hub gears in that respect.
And a used bike at £40, it's not like you're risking much...

All uphill

Still rolling along
Is there a bike repair project near you, or a neighbour who cycles and can put you, or your daughter, in touch with a local person who services and repairs old- tech bikes?

Failing that youtube has shed loads of helpful videos.

Here's hoping your daughter enjoys her cycling!

Kell

Veteran
What sot of instructions do you really need?

By the look of what I've found online, it's a sequential twist shift.

Normally twist towards you to go up the block (i.e. into 1st) twist away to go down it.

It doesn't look to be the most rigid of frame designs, but if it gets her out and about then at £40 it's a good buy.

Top Bottom