Average Age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think I'll win this competition :smile:

54.2 years over 13 bikes my 1937 Humber and 1939 and 1944 Elswick - Hoppers drag it down but my Brompton is my newest bike and I guess it is about 10 but it is only an educated guess as I bought it second hand.

My 1992 Townsend mountain bike which I bought as a teenager remains the only new bike I ever bought and it has been re-purposed as a touring bike. It and my '75 Viscount Aerospace are my most used bikes.

I have only included the bikes which are currently usable. A 1983 roadster will soon return to the road and I have a 1970s 531 framed Viking and two early 1950s Raleigh Roadsters to fettle in due course.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Who has the Triggers broom of bikes?

si_c

Guru
11 years over 5 bikes - but that's skewed by the 13yo MTB and 33yo Pug.

Removing those (and I only infrequently ride the MTB and the Pug frame needs a repair so it's off road) and it's 2.5yo.

delb0y

Legendary Member
A 2017 Giant, a 2009 Tricross, and GT Outpost from who knows when. Probably mid-90s, as I bought it third hand around 2000.

So somewhere in the region of13 years average, if my maths is right.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Who has the Triggers broom of bikes?
1605873098479.png

1985 Schwinn Passage, no original parts save the brakes, which were unique, and set for narrow frame spacing. Columbus steel touring frame, bar end shifters, outboard bearing BB.

Top Bottom