Average Age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
23+ years, as most of my bicycles seem to be from the mid-1980s, although I also have a 2012 Raleigh Sojourn tourer, and a newish Diamondback hybrid. When I got these bicycles, it was because I was the only person interested in them at the time.

21 years, 8 months, two weeks and fours days. :wacko:

24 years, 336 days (assuming bike birthdays are like racehorse birthdays) ^_^

1605880253312.png

Average is 7 years over 5 bikes. The oldest being 16 years old and these days relegated to being permanently attached to the smart trainer. And the youngest being 0 years old as I'm just finishing it as a complete new build and which should get its first ride Sunday.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Three bikes, eleven, nine and seven. Average age: Nine years.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Who has the Triggers broom of bikes?
Me, the flat bar I mentioned above only has the original frame, seat and handlebar, everything else has changed over time.
This is getting competitive. My Surly Steamroller, frame new and built up 2007 . Since then almost every thing changed including the frame from 62cm to 59 cm . Only original parts front brake caliper and one of the bottle cages . mmm 🤔 maybe it’s a new bike with an old front brake and bottle cage attached.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My fixed-wheel gives me a problem. I put it together in the early 80s, but it has had a lot of replacement components, including frames, since then. Even more complicated, one frame (not the current one) was made around 1960. So I could legitimately date it anywhere between 5 and 60 years old.

D

Deleted member 23692

5.2 for me.. but that's just the frames.

All my bikes are of the 'trigger's broom' variety with some parts originating on previous bikes but most are newer

Hmm... The Hercules is 1960, the Emmelle 1985, the Raleigh 1998 and the two Wiggins are from 2016...

So, that makes it [60 + 35 + 22 + (2x4)] / 5 = 25

The Raleigh is the Trigger's Broom bike here. The only thing that's left of the original is the frame, forks, stem and brake calipers... :blush: But it's the "newest" of my bikes as I only bought it in July before doing a complete strip and rebuild.

Top Bottom