AVERAGE MILEAGE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aqaleigh

Just wondering, what with all the different levels of experience and ability, the average DAILY mileage you all undertake on tour

LOADED & UNLOADED

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

BY THE WAY - I SHOULD MENTION - MINE IS 60 TO 70 MILES LOADED

rich p

ridiculous old lush
aqaleigh said:
BY THE WAY - I SHOULD MENTION - MINE IS 60 TO 70 MILES LOADED

No need to shout:biggrin:

I, with my lady wife, do between 35 and 75 depending on terrain and the amount of scenic, church and touristy visits.

Take away the rest day's and my last tour averaged out at 64 miles per day. Seems about right. 100km's a day was what I pretty much aimed for.

dpiper

currently my long term average 118 miles (from 7700 total)

www.tra-velo-gue.co.uk

I aim to do 100km to 110km a day - I have just calculated my long term average and it would seem that I have failed - 99.9km/day for 42260km

Should not have started this stats thing 22tours at an average of 1920

probably obsess now at getting the oberall average over a 100 - who started this!

hubbike

Have done 100 mile days, even a 145 miler, but I got knackered after a week or so.

With gf don't manage more than 30 or 40. Only 20 if there is a good beach for sunbathing.

CycleTourer

Veteran
It doesn't matter whether you do 10 or 100 miles in a day. It's the fact that you are out there touring and enjoying yourself that matters.

It very much depends on why you want to go touring on a bike. Some do like the physical challenge of long days in the saddle others like to meander and take in the sights. Do the mileage that you feel comfortable with and remember that if it feels like a slog then perhaps you are doing too many miles in a day, slow down and enjoy, after all it is supposed to be a holiday isn't it :smile:

meic

Under 60 miles and I am not on the bike for long enough in the day.
Over 100 miles and I would lack the stamina over a long period.
I aim for 80 miles and sometimes end up having to do a bit more.

jay clock

Massive member
I just worked mine out, ignoring really short days or rest days. 79.9km, so give or take 50 miles, all laden, based upon 50 days of touring. I tend to do more when with my usual cycling buddy, and less when with Ms JC who is not so
keen on monster miles....

I am off to France in May for a week and think it will be a bit over 100km a day

Top Bottom