Average speed by age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
That’s ageist it doesn’t go up to age eighty Any way this time of year on my winter bike 🚴🏽 i average around 12.9 miles per hour On my carbon good weather bike aprox 13 .9 MPH

Not really bothered these days just like to get out and ride:sun::sun::sun:

No bad for someone in their 80s.

If you use Garmin they have insights and will tell you how you compare.

In sure Strava has this data as well.

Alex321

Veteran
As others have said, it isn't even good English, and has no evidence or deatail of whi h bit ofthin air they pulled the figures from.

And of course most of us older members will be looking at those figures and if they believe them (I don't) will be thinking, "great I'm well above average". Whether that is by design,or whether the numbers are just pure guesswork, who knows.

Julia9054

Guru
Appears to pay no heed to gender which you’d expect to have an impact
Sex not gender.
As usual average male = average human. Female = human variant.

figbat

Slippery scientist
It’s just word vomit. It’s a MTB article yet we’re treated to an ‘analysis’ of tire resistance on wooden tracks and various types of road surface. No mention of loam, polished chalk, gravel or fire trails. But let’s take a look at the credentials of the author:

From riding to school since the age of 13, attending BMX races and events with his dad to himself conquering 10+ trails across the globe, for Rob, his Giant Stance 29 2 2020 is the friend that makes everything better. He is also a proud member of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA).

Oooh, 10+ trails! I’m sold.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The table explains why (as I'm now 45) I am s-l-o-o-o-o-w. I can stop worrying about it forever. Thought it was to do with weight and totally cr@p fitness but NM all is now revealed.

Top Bottom