average speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
on a fully loaded touring bike i reckon no more than 12mph

thePig

Most of my tours are in mountainous areas (alps or pyrenees). On loaded touring bikes I normally average 10-11mph.

Although I never ride at the average speed. I either go at 4mph or 30mph.

OP
OP
R

rikgrimsby

and it was HOT and very hilly.you know where you get a hill and its a big one and you say to yoir self f*****g hill,and when you get up it and turn a corner theres another,well it was like that up and donw for about 10miles.
i hate hills.............

Bigtallfatbloke

warp factor 6...that's about 15 mph

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I do 50 - 80 miles a day and the speed just varies depending on the weather(get it over with or don't overheat), great scenery(go slow, look around a lot and visit churches etc) and the terrain.

U

User482

I reckon to do 13-14mph. I base my distances on 10mph, which then allows for plenty of stops.

I did 52 miles yesterday pottering round a flat part of Cheshire admiring the view. I averaged 14.8 but reckon that if I was carrying a load in cold hilly conditions, it would be an awful lot less.

goo_stewart

I average about 10 mph also - I do most of my touring in Southeast Asia and the heat kinda gets to you after a few hours which brings down my average. I tend to go like the clappers early in the morning and slow down by lunch time.

Top Bottom