Average speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Absolutely and this is why core work is paramount. Spending 20 minutes, let alone a few hours, in an aero position can be a neck, back, shoulder pain fest! I am so used to riding aero that i now think i get sore when i sit up. :tongue:

It's amazing what the body can accommodate/ignore. After working on my body position a lot in the last two seasons, I can maintain an areo profile much longer (and without thinking about it) than before.

400bhp

Guru
Absolutely and this is why core work is paramount. Spending 20 minutes, let alone a few hours, in an aero position can be a neck, back, shoulder pain fest! I am so used to riding aero that i now think i get sore when i sit up. :tongue:

Interesting.

I've recently bought some TT bars and have used them a few times, the most recent being an hour on saturday. I don't seem to suffer (non legs) pain wise, albeit I didn't change the riding position (the bike fit I had said to knock 10mm off the stem and 7mm forward seat adjustment).

The more I read and experience about riding fast, the more I realise (for me) it's more in the head than in the body. I just need to harden the feck up.:rolleyes:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Interesting.

I've recently bought some TT bars and have used them a few times, the most recent being an hour on saturday. I don't seem to suffer (non legs) pain wise, albeit I didn't change the riding position (the bike fit I had said to knock 10mm off the stem and 7mm forward seat adjustment).

The more I read and experience about riding fast, the more I realise (for me) it's more in the head than in the body. I just need to harden the feck up.:rolleyes:

Probably true for most. I find I can suffer more on the turbo than on the road, on the road there are too many things going through my head at times.

Ningishzidda

Not to be a debbie downer, but I wouldn't bank on such gains! It may be a 33% speed increase but it is much more in terms of power!

Power / speed is a square law.

To double speed, multiply power output by 4.

33% speed gain requires a 99% power gain.

Easy. 20 Watts at 6 mph, 40 Watts at 8 mph.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Interesting.

Yeah ya lazy fekker. :evil:

Probably true for most. I find I can suffer more on the turbo than on the road, on the road there are too many things going through my head at times.
Weird i am the opposite. I concentrate to much on the suffering on the turbo and time seems to stand still. Outside i can enjoy the scenery and forget that nasty growling pain in my legs. Time seems to go by much quicker too.

Top Bottom