Average Speed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianwoodi

my first road bike was a scott speedster 40 £600 great bike still got it for winter and training rollers my other is kuota carbon di2 £3500 which is a blast they say your bike will not improve your speed but on my kuota i can increase my speed by another 10mph on the flat so enjoy like i have^_^

Andrew_P

In between here and there
oh my

Thanks - is there that much of a difference between the cheapest road bike (no idea how much - where's the best place to look?) and a middle-of-the-road one?
Theres quite a difference at the lower end of the scale (say below £500?) but when you get higher range (£800-1000 plus) there diminishing rates of return. Depending on your budget there's a massive difference between the £300 Decathlon Triban and the £100 Toyrus special.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I read an interview with an italian ex-pro cyclist called Zoppi recently. He said that Team Sky's success has had a downside, with loads of newbie amateur cyclists thinking that getting better involves complex training and dietary interventions.

At this level, if you want to improve, just ride your bike more and put more effort in.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I think I must be the most pathetic cyclist on the planet!
No, that would be me.
But I'm having great cycling adventures at 5mph :biggrin:

I know my mate Craig is super fast but 35.5mph up the Dunfermline DC when AB (another super fast rider) is only (only :ohmy:) 22.6mph; when you click on Craigs ride its 19.8mph, slow for him but more realistic ;) Its a similar story for the KOM but even more extreme, 44.2mph shown and 11mph in the details; I'm dubious of his top speed though but on the whole its looks to be another dodgy segment but outside the top two it seems reasonable :wacko:
I had one like that last night, it showed my avg of 19.6mph over the 1.1 mile but the segment detail showed 15.3mph
It's more likely strava.
http://app.strava.com/activities/54709572#995715120

Top Bottom