Awesome Castelli Alpha Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Been fancying the Castelli Alpha Jersey for a while. The jacket is nice too, but I run too hot for that. Anyway, I managed to get the Jersey for a steal and it arrived today. Won't say the price, as it's now sold out.

Weather has been very changeable as you know, so decided to get a quick Blast to test it out. Everything from direct sunshine, at about 15 degrees, to hailstones and heavy rain at 8 degrees. All this with heavy wind and in the space of 25 mins and 10 miles.

At the warmer end, I didn't overheat like I normally do, due to the breathable rear of the jersey. The wind failed to have any effect whatsoever, due to the windstopper front and arms, despite being 20mph plus. The rain and hailstones didn't seep through either the front or the back. Absolutely superb piece of kit.

I honestly think that it's worth the full RRP if I am completely honest!

Today was with a very light SS mesh base layer. My Winter will be with a LS thicker base layer at the very most.

Fit is fairly aero, but slightly more relaxed than the Gabba. The only minor points were that the sleeves are a tiny bit long and ever so slightly lose at the bicep. Clearly need to work on that area it appears! When on the bike, the sleeve length is less of an issue and the small amount of spare bicep fabric doesn't flap anywhere near as much as I expected. Just goes to show that they design it for riding position and not standing up in front of a mirror!

Overall, a huge result!

Joffey

Big Dosser
I've had one for a couple of years now and I must say it's the best bit of kit I've owned. It just works brilliantly.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I have ordered a couple of Castelli jersey's online before and despite the rave reviews and good styling, I always struggle with the fit.

I'm not carrying a lot of weight (70KG and I'm 5' 10" - apologies for mixing units there) but everything I've ever bought from Castelli has been absolutely minuscule!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I have ordered a couple of Castelli jersey's online before and despite the rave reviews and good styling, I always struggle with the fit.

I'm not carrying a lot of weight (70KG and I'm 5' 10" - apologies for mixing units there) but everything I've ever bought from Castelli has been absolutely minuscule!
Strange how I am very similar in weight and size, albeit an inch shorter, yet sizing for me is usually spot on.

I wonder whether it's down to how aero people like their clothing?

What sizes do you find tight?

BurningLegs

Veteran
I'm usually a small, and have found Castelli S and M both too small, but not consistently small all over, if that makes sense. The worst area for me was across the shoulders - both jerseys were uncomfortable under the armpit on me.

I've had similar issues with the Evans Kalf jerseys so it may just be that I have odd proportions! ^_^

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I can get into a Small, depending on the cut. Tend to stick with Medium generally, up too, with Large down the bottom. Mainly down to the leg length, and bib strap length.

Interesting point on the armpits. Is this whilst standing or whilst in the riding position?

Maybe I don't have that issue as I have a reasonably agressive riding position and use 40cm bars too, which would mean my shoulders and armpits rotate in slightly.

Top Bottom