AXA Defender Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Continuing my bike security theme, does anybody here use the 'Dutch style' AXA Defender locks, either with or without the additional cable/chain?
I hate carrying locks up the high street, so was thinking of fitting one to my high street man. Was planning on the Defender wheel lock + one of the cables that lock into it. The Dutch Bike Bits company will supply and ship the lot for around £40, just wondering if there is any personal experience of them here before I spend the hard earned...

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'll take that as a no then:smile:
Mine arrived today, I went with the AXA Defender plus additional 1.5m cable lock. Well impressed with the service, I ordered on Sunday, and it arrived today, from Holland.
Once the legs work better I'll do a quick run down as I fit it. Not sure if its going on the hybrid as a coffee stop lock, or the mtb as a high street lock....

tyred

Legendary Member
I've been considering something like this ever since I started work on a German Mixte that was given to me and it had a lock to pass through the back wheel brazed on the seatstay. Seemed a nice design touch but unfortunately I have no key for it.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Really liked it on the hybrid, tbh only used as a cafe lock since the hybrid never did anything else. Perfect for that though, or in addition to a d lock if being left anywhere for a period and out of sight.

Top Bottom