Ayup from a Yorkshire man! ZOOM HB 875 brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jordoc90

Greetings folks! I've just purchased the aforementioned brakes but I'm having some issues fitting the rear brake..The front went on easy enough and sits well on a 160MM round disk but the rear one doesn't seem to attach to the same size disk. I bought a contoured 180MM one but it's too big...Does having contours affect the fitting or do I need some kind of adapter? Any advice would be most helpful. Cheers! 😁

OP
OP
Jordoc90

Jordoc90

Newbie here! Any advice on how to attach a rear ZOOM HB 875 brake to the disk? 160MM is too small (the pads don't fit flush) but a contoured 180MM doesn't fit either?!? Any ideas, amigos? Do the contours have anything to do with it?

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Do you mean attaching the Calipers to the frame and fork?
You will need the correct mounts PM or IS etc.
If 160mm is too small and 180mm too large then you may have the wrong mounts.Also bear in mind that ZOOM are Chinese brakes so the machine tolerances on the calipers might not be quite as good.Also some calipers require specific washers etc.
Pics will help.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Jordoc90

Jordoc90

Do you mean attaching the Calipers to the frame and fork?
You will need the correct mounts PM or IS etc.
If 160mm is too small and 180mm too large then you may have the wrong mounts.Also bear in mind that ZOOM are Chinese brakes so the machine tolerances on the calipers might not be quite as good.Also some calipers require specific washers etc.
Pics will help.
I will attach some pictures in a few hours then you can see where I'm coming from. Cheers for your response.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I don't think it is good to have a larger disk on rear than on the front. The other way round ok. A 180mm rotor will require an adapter for the mount front or rear

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I don't think it is good to have a larger disk on rear than on the front. The other way round ok. A 180mm rotor will require an adapter for the mount front or rear
Front is the 'primary' stopper.
Think Hyper-sports motor bikes,2 huge 6-pot calipers/discs up front and a small single on the rear.
I have 140/140 on both my road bike(hydraulic) and CX (mechanical) but always ran 200F/180R on my MTBs.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you have already fitted the disc to the wheel, then the wheel back into the frame, if you slide the caliper over the disc how far away are the mounting holes, if about 10mm I suspect it was designed for a 160mm rear disc. But as above an image speaks 1000 words

Top Bottom