B&B in Scarboro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dobo

northern monkey
ANYBODY USED A GOOD,CHEAP B&B SOUTH BAY IN SCARBORO.LOOKING TO DO A SHORT TOUR FROM SELBY -BEVERLEY- EAST COAST UP TO SCARBORO.THEN CYCLE PATH UP TO WHITBY THEN HOME FOR "TEA AND MEDALS"

REGARDS ALAN

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Sommat up with the 'Shift' key?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Check out the Grand, last time I walked past they had rooms for £19 a night. It's not what it used to be, but it's the landmark so surely worth a look

taxing

zimzum42 said:
Check out the Grand, last time I walked past they had rooms for £19 a night. It's not what it used to be, but it's the landmark so surely worth a look

My parents had a week booked there a couple of years ago, my stepdad had wanted to go because he remembered its glory days but they came home after 4 nights. I'd give it a miss.

Bandini

zimzum42 said:

A hole these days, by all accounts. Suppose if you are tired after cycling all day...

gavintc

Guru
zimzum42 said:

Following some of the comments on here, I thought I would give Trip Advisor a look to read the recent comments. I think it is worth leaving the Grand alone and trying somewhere else.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...ough-Scarborough_North_Yorkshire_England.html

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Shame about the Grand. Have never set foot inside, but it always seemed, well, grand from the outside. We've got a little bolt-hole up there so no need for BnBs for us! Lovely place, great riding too!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I stayed at the 'Grand' 9 years ago as a 'escape' from the preperations for my wedding - with future mrs craigwend

It was so bad it was good

everything about it was failing, it was the epitome of everything wrong with british tourism & hotels

I have been in better B&B's and seen better rooms and standards in residential care, though the clientel in most residential care home are far younger.

The evenings entertainment were the failings of britians got talent, the food was boiled schools dinners, boiled again,

When we enquired about a vegetarian option the 'waiter' went off to ask the young girl doing a student job what it was, as he could not remember as it was a 'funny foreign word' ... lasagne!

If you can get your bikes in (pretend they're custom zimmer frames) it will be your best £19 spent :ohmy:

Top Bottom