Bach or Mozart?

Which do you prefer to listen to, Bach or Mozart?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I am not sure I understand the premise of this poll. Bach (the bach you probably mean) and Mozart have entirely different styles and are incomparable.

If you have been getting free classical CDs with your sunday newspaper then I'd suggest you wait till you collect the whole series, actually listen to them, and then instigate a more detailed poll.

Dave5N

Über Member
snob

JamesAC

Abitrary said:
I am not sure I understand the premise of this poll. Bach (the bach you probably mean) and Mozart have entirely different styles and are incomparable....
yes, but you can still prefer one rather than the other.

One of my favourites to listen to is the Toccata and Fugue in C major, esp the adagio bit in a minor ( I can actually play some of it!).

My favourite to perform is the Mozart Requiem

Abitrary

JamesAC said:
One of my favourites to listen to is the Toccata and Fugue in C major, esp the adagio bit in a minor ( I can actually play some of it!).

Sorry. I don't do dracula music.

Abitrary

Dave. Can you please go back now to picking on bonj.

Or if you're think you are a really good 'agent provocateur' elicit a really hateful response from simoncc directed towards only you and you only. That is what I consider to be a badge of honour on this forum.

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:

Or if you're think you are a really good 'agent provocateur' elicit a really hateful response from simoncc directed towards only you and you only. That is what I consider to be a badge of honour on this forum.

Nah. I'm just playing. Can't be doing with bileful hate-filled nasties who think it's all important.

Willow

If I had to choose it would be Mozart, there are many pieces of his I love particularly the big choral pieces (I sang in a former life). I probably prefer listening to bach on the organ. I'm off to find my mozart clarinet concerto cd have an urge to play it now.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I couldn't imagine the world without either, but I voted for Bach because the Goldberg Variations played by Glenn Gould (later version) is perhaps the one piece of music I would keep if everything else was destroyed (or maybe Thomas Tallis' Spem in Alium' sung by the Chapelle du Roi... or... or... )

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abitrary said:
I am not sure I understand the premise of this poll. Bach (the bach you probably mean) and Mozart have entirely different styles and are incomparable.

If you have been getting free classical CDs with your sunday newspaper then I'd suggest you wait till you collect the whole series, actually listen to them, and then instigate a more detailed poll.

;)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abitrary said:

;):biggrin:!

Top Bottom