back after a long lay off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TwistedParsnip

Hi guys

I used to be a member on here many moons ago but life, family and injury put me back on the sofa for long that I care to think of.

Ive started 15 mile sprints (pedalling until I puke types) at beginning of week, repeating hills for 12 miles mid week and then extra long (40- 50) trips at weekend - been doing this nearly two months now and feeling the benefit.

Ive lost weight (around a stone) which would account for better avg speed etc but I dont really have any direction for what I should do next for next year,.

Next year I would like to do long bike rides and increase my speed etc (dont we all I suppose) and maybe join local club - can anyone add or give me their own training regimes to get ideas?

Any cross trainers on here?

Cheers

TP

Globalti

Legendary Member
My training regime: shortish but hard rides so that I don't become long-term fatigued.

I thank you.

My training consists of getting on the bike and riding it. It depends on your goals, and everyone's goals tend to be unique to them!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Another hint: don't punish yourself by repeating the same rides. Drive out to places and do 30 to 40 mile rides in new country at a good pace then drive the boring bit back home.

Cut down on beer and cut your meal portions in half. If you buy a takeaway curry, eat half then keep the rest for another meal. You'll soon get used to the portions.

Top Bottom