Back garden floodlights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Aint Skeered said:
Ok Pete I agree with the anti social aspect, but fitted correctly these lights do have a purpose.
As for the dangerouse dogs act, well as I said its a Jack russell , and she has the run of our completly enclosed garden, so if someone want to exercise their right to roam, through my brussel sprouts, then they will have to take there chances.

Doesnt having a prominant sign saying, beware of the dog,cancel any legal stuff a criminal might claim.?

Isn't it the reverse ?
By saying 'beware of the dog' you are tacitly admitting that you know you have a dangerous dog, and it's your responsibility to prevent it biting anyone even if they do come into your garden.

col

Legendary Member
I was thinking more along the lines of,they have been warned,if they choose to carry on,its thier responsibility.

Big Bren

col said:
I was thinking more along the lines of,they have been warned,if they choose to carry on,its thier responsibility.

As a society, we've worked very hard at removing any sense of personal responsibility. Don't you come around here with your fancy ideas of putting it back!

Bren

Aint Skeered

OK you win , I'll disconect the light. Give the dog a bloody good talking too about molesting the wildlife(apart from rats)
I'll put a sign on the gate warning about the dog.
Oh, and while I'm at it one on the decking, as its a bit slippery, with the wet leaves from the Virginia Creeper.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
We have 2. One down the side of the house, and a bright one to light the garden. We only put them up because the people at the bottom of the garden had 3 attempted break-ins, and the police officer thought they had come down the side of our house because they could jump over the gate. The gate would have just collapsed under them though.

But they are good, we have seen lots of foxes, squirels and hedge hogs because the light has come on.

col

Legendary Member
Big Bren said:
As a society, we've worked very hard at removing any sense of personal responsibility. Don't you come around here with your fancy ideas of putting it back!

Bren

Good point;)
I also have a light in my yard,but i havnt got is set right,it doesnt even pick me up when i need some light while outside,ill have to sort it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We have 2, front and back... got them ages ago after being burgled, but they have been useful since, when arriving home (nearest street-light is closeby but I frequently have to phone council to get it fixed, usually multiple times for each time its broken). They were most useful when we had someone lurking around our house - they would frequently trigger it (it only stayed on about 12 secs each time), and then the light going on or off continually would disturb us or a neighbour and we would call the police. Luckily lurker caught after 9 months and now moved on. Back light is useful when going to the shed to put the bikes away in the dark.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
When I was with the Ex, we had 4 African Grey's stolen (2 breeding pairs, worth singularly at the time £300, but as breeding pairs...).
We replaced these with 2 blue and gold macaws (approx £800 each), not quite a breeding pair as the male was only 7yrs old. We stuck up 2 security lights, which when dark, I angled down to just hit the top of our back fence. Video camera set up on time lapse/disturbance mode and strips of carpet gripper attached to top of insides of fence paneling with a big sign saying "Security systems in operation".

Now if the thieving scumbags can't read, not my fault.

Top Bottom