Back on the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
That's why I added 3x Park Tool videos first, but GCN do some good videos for people who don't have any bike mechanical knowledge too, both platforms have valid info, also RJ The Bike Guy, has a good You Tube channel full of info
I find the Park Tool stuff very detailed and to the point. The GCN ones are a bit more entertaining, but somewhat lacking in detail.

If I'm going to be doing a particular job though (changing a mech or whatever), I'll watch two or three different videos and cherry pick the techniques to suit myself. It's very different to 20 years ago when you either knew how to do it or you didn't.

Today, anyone can fix a bike.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's why I added 3x Park Tool videos first, but GCN do some good videos for people who don't have any bike mechanical knowledge too, both platforms have valid info, also RJ The Bike Guy, has a good You Tube channel full of info
I disagree. GCNuts often miss key details vital to beginners, especially if not on a latest bike. They play to their own audience, more than those starting to fix their own bikes. Park Tool cover more bikes. It's been a while since I watched RJ but I think they were generally OK too, as was Arts Cyclery.

I see the new tube fetishists are out in force. It's easy to patch in all but the worst rain by sheltering the tube under your coat while applying a self adhesive patch like a Slime Skab, or you can often find a bus shelter or church porch for a dry workspace.

Eurobike

Hi, Jem29 good to hear your enjoying riding again. I got a puncture a couple of weeks ago and had to walk home, only took 1/2 hour this time, lots of glass on the roads these days! Just part of the fun. Better than sitting in front of the TV.

Top Bottom