Back pack for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Deuter. Not cheap, but they're great. Had my Bike One since 2009, still going strong......

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Unless it's a 20 litre bulk catering ice cream tub then Camelbak it is.
I guess in the summer I can drink from the bladder like a yobbo beer bellied mountain biker keeping my hands in control & concentration on the road.

Grievesy

I picked up a dry bag quite similar to Spiderwebs above, cost me £15 in Aldi. had it a few years now and it's still going strong.
I carry a shirt, trousers, fresh grundies, belt kit, occasionally a new shower gel etc, and a big lunch ( I like to eat, and when I exercise, I eat. A LOT) came off once and it's protected me from sliding gravel rash. and didn't even bust the stitching.

These drybags are completely waterproof and have survived the monsoons I've experienced in Scotland, when the ducks can swim across the road in the water I'm still on my wee cycle path going like the clappers. Defo will renew again when/if this wears out.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
But a couple of sarnies in cling film would constitute a handy crumple zone, no?
:biggrin:

Depends what's in the sarnies, I suppose - and the type of bread?

Deuter. Not cheap, but they're great. Had my Bike One since 2009, still going strong......

This - I've had a couple of cheap cycling specific Camelback copies off the 'net, but then I found a Deuter and it's simply a class above.
No-one ever regretted buying quality.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I guess in the summer I can drink from the bladder like a yobbo beer bellied mountain biker keeping my hands in control & concentration on the road.

Oh, how dare you. I have premium carbohydrate drinks in mine :okay:. Ex roadie though - faster up than down. I use my camelbak also for spinal protection now - got more than I need in it (tubes/waterproof) just in case I crash (which I do). Don't notice it's there, even loaded with 'premium drink'. :tongue:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Oh, how dare you. I have premium carbohydrate drinks in mine :okay:. Ex roadie though - faster up than down. I use my camelbak also for spinal protection now - got more than I need in it (tubes/waterproof) just in case I crash (which I do). Don't notice it's there, even loaded with 'premium drink'. :tongue:

Cheeky bloody kids Eh.. :laugh:

Top Bottom