Back to the drawing board - or just give up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What am I doing wrong? :cold: Trying to get a bunch of us fixed riders, gears if you must, for a day out in stupendous riding country, no "A" roads, stopping for tea and cakes at a great cycling cafe, led by an experienced cyclist and partner, and barely a nibble of interest.
In the Cheshire area it doesn't seem to be a problem as I originally signed up for this one but now can't make it.
I personally know half a dozen at least [not on this forum] fixed riders who will be happy to ride with us, now we need CC guys and gals to join the fun.
Ideas most welcome, thanks to the couple who did reply with interest, it's going to go ahead whatever, would have been nice to meet other CC members.
Area cycling in - between Leicester and Melton Mowbray ish, easy pace.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
totallyfixed said:
between Leicester and Melton Mowbray ish, easy pace.

for me at least, that would involve 100+miles of driving/railway in a day. why would i when i can ride out with local (CTC) group who meet 1.2 miles from home.

i hope it doesn't sound too harsh, but there you go. ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would agree certainly a little dissapointing on the interest front. Have you decided whether it will be on the Sat or Sun yet ?

hubgearfreak said:
for me at least, that would involve 100+miles of driving/railway in a day. why would i when i can ride out with local (CTC) group who meet 1.2 miles from home.

i hope it doesn't sound too harsh, but there you go. :smile:

Weeell, let me see now, could it be to ride somewhere different, meet new people / make new friends, check out each others bike, arrange return rides, etc?

I was travelling 100 mls to do the Cheshire CC ride for those reasons.
Unreasonable, I think not. Granted for many it would be too difficult to make the journey and this I fully understand. For me and Mrs TF we love to go new places to ride, I guess it depends on your perspective.

4F

Excellent I'm in. About a 3 hour drive for me so realistically a 10 meet up time would probably be the earliest I could make.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
totallyfixed said:
Granted for many it would be too difficult to make the journey and this I fully understand.

good, no hard feelings then.;)

i get enough of that at home when i go out for a few hours on a Sunday and leave mrs. hgf in charge of our two boys, one 5 months one 5 years;)

4F said:
Excellent I'm in. About a 3 hour drive for me so realistically a 10 meet up time would probably be the earliest I could make.
:wahhey:Good on ya.
It takes me 1hr 20mins to Cambridge and I seem to remember it used to take me just over the hour to Felixstowe.
Just for you, 10am, 15th Nov. exact start location to follow at later date.

4F

totallyfixed said:
:wahhey:Good on ya.
It takes me 1hr 20mins to Cambridge and I seem to remember it used to take me just over the hour to Felixstowe.
Just for you, 10am, 15th Nov. exact start location to follow at later date.

I had factored a small time for delays and possibly an extra hour in bed ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I suppose the Mcr/Cheshire ride has a stack of folk locally, within an easy ride, and a fair few of us already meet up on rides/velodrome anyway. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to meet up with your run - not a 200 mile round trip and a bike ride - the missus and kids would be most un-impressed.

You'll get the numbers !!!

Top Bottom