Back to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Well thats my winter hols out the way,now i feel absolutely sh@te as i wait to go back to a crap shift rota,and more lates,i feel as sick as a chocolate fly in a heatwave.xx(

Bigtallfatbloke

my deepest sympathies

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's like the feeling you had as a kid when it was time to go back to school after the hols...never quite goes away, especiallty if (like me) you'd be happier not working, and you enjoy your hols!
I get the same at end of Aug, when I know that it's heads down till Xmas...xx( Anyway, cheer up, think of Stan and Jack in "On the Buses"...

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
It's like the feeling you had as a kid when it was time to go back to school after the hols...never quite goes away, especiallty if (like me) you'd be happier not working, and you enjoy your hols!
I get the same at end of Aug, when I know that it's heads down till Xmas...xx( Anyway, cheer up, think of Stan and Jack in "On the Buses"...

Cheers BTFB,and Fnaar,i wish it was like that,but alas the reality is curap:smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Aye its crap its my last day off today, 16 days has absolutely flown by!
Back to the night shifts tomorrow, know how you feel Col.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I wonder if there are people that really enjoy their work?And dont do it just for the wages?

vbc

Hmmm........I've been off sick for several months now following a bike accident and I've got to the point of twiddling my thumbs and spending far too much time here.

Sent an e-mail into work a couple of weeks ago saying that I would like to start back soon on a reduced hour basis initially (as suggested by the occupational therapist at the hospital) but have not had a reply yet.

Not sure if that is good or bad!

col said:
I wonder if there are people that really enjoy their work?And dont do it just for the wages?

I really enjoy my job, but get crap pay, although I get by.
Next year I won't have the same job, nor anywhere to live, so I've got to find something, somewhere, soon (talk about the bleedin' obvious!).
If only I could I'd just bugger off on me bike and keep going, day after day, week after week, month after month - but I s'pose something will turn up, it always does. xx(

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
col said:
I sadly have really enjoyed my career in the trade I went into, every day the same, but different.
Last place I worked at put paid to that, my gaffer was a total wa.. wa.. wan.. Aah forget it, I can feel me blood pressure rising just thinking 'bout the to... tos... toss.. (Stop it Elmer, deep breaths, and ..........relax)

Phew !!! That was close

Elmer Fudd said:
I sadly have really enjoyed my career in the trade I went into, every day the same, but different.
Last place I worked at put paid to that, my gaffer was a total wa.. wa.. wan.. Aah forget it, I can feel me blood pressure rising just thinking 'bout the to... tos... toss.. (Stop it Elmer, deep breaths, and ..........relax)

Phew !!! That was close

Having worked for a place which was so badly managed that it made me ill with depression (which has left me a different person, I can't take the pace any more, I don't have much of a short term memory, I have little tolerance for stress etc) I am just happy to survive my job, have my health and relationships intact. Since my job made me ill my career has taken a back seat and it will be that way for the forseeable future. If I had the capital I would quit tomorrow and retrain for something where I had a lot more control. God knows what though.

I have seen so many other young academics burn out in their late 30s and early 40s I am determined not to become that way, although I have come very close.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
Having worked for a place which was so badly managed that it made me ill with depression (which has left me a different person, I can't take the pace any more, I don't have much of a short term memory, I have little tolerance for stress etc) I am just happy to survive my job, have my health and relationships intact. Since my job made me ill my career has taken a back seat and it will be that way for the forseeable future. If I had the capital I would quit tomorrow and retrain for something where I had a lot more control. God knows what though.

I have seen so many other young academics burn out in their late 30s and early 40s I am determined not to become that way, although I have come very close.

I know what you mean about the short term memory,mines cack.And i totally agree with you about the way a job is managed,Just a few simple changes would make things more bareable,and dare i say,improve the job no end.

Top Bottom