Backbacks, panniers or Leave it at work?

How do you transport your change of clothes etc. to and from work?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

Go into any office and you'll spot the cyclist's desk. There's usually four or five pairs of shoes under it, a suit jacket on the chair, a battery charger and in my case a big CRC box that's been sitting there for months.

Norm

They had it ready within 2 hours so i went back to collect around 4.30pm
Will give you a shout next time - you can show me some routes etc over a beer. (my shout)
Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

MrSweary

I used to use a pannier when I had to tote a large useless lump of plastic around with me (Dell laptop). Now I have mid-size rucksac (originally a daysack for fell walking) which has a good airflow system to keep my back cool and the straps to keep it from flopping around. I don't even notice it on my ride in.

As others have said, if you have to carry something a bit more bulky panniers or a pannier are great. They'll make you more stable and I always found drivers gave me more room with them on. If you want to travel light a well supported rucksack works.

Teuchter

Über Member
I use the largest size, waterproof North Face courier-style bag
This is what I have been using for the last couple of years (called Base Camp or something like that). I found it a great bit of kit if you're set on a courier bag. Totally waterproof, tough as old boots and loads of space.

May be puting mine up on eBay some time soon now that I've returned from my wayward non pannier ways.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Bus in on Monday with my week of clothes & towels to put in my locker. Rest of the week I wear a Deuter EXP Air, which is small & light but with enough room for taking dirty clothes & towel home each night, plus it holds phone, wallet, extra tools, spare mitts, basic first aid kit etc. Had it almost 5 years and love it.

lb81

Ruck sack one day a week, leave stuff in the office and dont bother the other 4. I am quite lucky though in that my office is informal and i spend all day in shorts and flip flops mostly! Not sure how i would manage if i had collar & tie but i would find some way round it!

Top Bottom