bad back, pilates or yoga?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Core muscles? I was reading some articles on this. The consensus was that its just the new buzzwords for lack of fitness. "What are Core Muscles? Have we just found them? If we are talking about the main muscles in the trunk you can do nothing better for the core than walking and nothing better for flexibility then swimming."

I think the consensus is that the increase in back problems is due to the fact that as a population we lead far more sedentary lives, meaning that as a whole the population have a weaker core.
50 years ago, people walked a cycled to more active jobs, so never lost core strength in the way we do now.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I forgot to mention before and you in no way have to feel obliged to take me up on the offer but I'm currently studying towards an ITEC qualification in holistic massage therapy and will be starting the sports side of it in September. I'm in SE18 and desperately looking for willing volunteers to use as case studies and practice so if you think that it's something that might help with the pain management then you're more than welcome to pm me and we can set something up.

I'm fully insured through the Federation of Holistic Therapists and promise not to break you and will even make tea afterwards if required :biggrin:

Top Bottom