Bad commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Had a job to look at in Skipton and decided to ride there, stopped after 10 miles for a bite to eat in Silsden, nice temperature, no chance of rain, so far so good.

Went to chain my bike to some railings..........the railings were on an incline.........so holding the bike from rolling with one hand......I reached around the frame tube and unzipped my frame bag and reached inside for my lock keys.......bit awkward as the the opening was on my "blind side".

Rooting around I felt my lock keys and pulled them out.........I was suprised to see that they weren't my bike lock keys but my garage/motorbike/scooter/works unit keys. "Bummer" I thought........then they slipped out of my fingers.......and landed on my right shoe. That instant was the first time that I noticed the drain:eek: The one that my foot was over, with 2 keys on my shoe and 2 keys dangling precariously over the drain, I couldn't reach them with my right hand and my left hand was holding my bike from rolling away. I decide to slowly remove my foot from over the drain.........PLOP!:angry:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Someone threw me some keys once for a transit van at a youth club. His aim was awful and they went straight down a drain.

We got them out by dangling a volunteer 13 year old by his ankles down the drain.

Makes note
Attach 13 year old boy to key ring.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Keith Oates said:
Well finish the story MarkF, how did you get them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't:sad: the drain was seized up with all manner of debris, looked like it hadn't been opened for years. Also the "PLOP" was a bass "PLOP" they had gone well down. After gazing, disbelieving, at my foot and the drain for a minute, my attention was caught by an old guy on a nearby bench............ pissing his pants.:smile:

andyfromotley

when i was a cop in Wembley, a guy had been to a concert at the arena, (celine dion i think but not sure), got back to his motor bike and dropped his keys down drain. Lifted grate, leant in to get them , lost grip, fell in and drowned. Any way get to coroners court and it turns out this is not uncommon, happens a few times a year across the country apprently.

Tragic, imagine your dying thought ' F8ck me she's got a big nose that celine dion'

andy

Wolf04

Another bad commute

Sorry posted this in wrong thread moved to here.

My commute is normally a sedate quiet affair but today the world just seemed determined to get me! No major single incident just a constant string of minor events. Cars overtaking then pulling in hard to pick people up, cars pulling out without looking. A car pulling to the curb on a bend I'm heading towards, the following traffic ignore me and cross onto my side to pass forcing me to brake, then the tosser pulls away again, whats that all about then? To top it all off the cows on the town moor were blocking the path/road that crosses it. Boy it sure is growly out there today.
Pete
:wacko:

Oops! :sad:

Out of interest, where is this drain, and where did you say you lived?....:wacko:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
Makes note
Attach 13 year old boy to key ring.

Er, no. If he'd done that, the 13 year old boy would have gone down the drain along with the keys.

What you need is an emergency service that supplies 13 year old boys on demand, for retrieving keys, sweeping chimneys, operating video recorders, that sort of thing.

Uncle Phil said:
Er, no. If he'd done that, the 13 year old boy would have gone down the drain along with the keys.

What you need is an emergency service that supplies 13 year old boys on demand, for retrieving keys, sweeping chimneys, operating video recorders, that sort of thing.

Surely though, such a service would get done under the sex and age discrimination acts?! :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah well, my wedding ring has come off my finger at some point this morning - noticed once I'd locked the bike up - no idea where it is, could even have fallen off yesterday......texted the wife, she seems OK (ladies are more bothered about these things) ......

Problem with this commuting lark - you lose weight, things become rather loose, and fall off....

Top Bottom