Bad manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Yes, I am terrible. As an example if I hold a door open for someone and they breeze through without acknowledging the fact I will say "you're welcome" very loudly.
Usually if you challenge rude people they look a bit embarrassed, but this afternoons queue jumper created quite a scene, so it looks like I picked on the wrong rude person on this occasion.
As Forest Gump said " sh1t happens " can never realy understand just why some folk just have to barge in ! May be it's because they have some kind of brain disorder or what have you.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It's very bad manners to assume that a woman is pregnant, let alone about to give birth.
If your waters break in M+S you get a load of free goodies... apparently.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mobile phones in cinemas. Last person to do this just ignored me and carried on, until I offered to shove it up his backside and use it as a handle to carry him out like a giant lollipop. I almost got my wish when his chin came down and he started giving the target acquisition glances, but he decided firepower was not on his side and he mumbled a few vague threats and put it in his pocket.

gbb

Legendary Member
Does anyone adopt the reverse when they're abroard ?. I do...well I say queue jump, they don't actually queue properly. Egypt for instance, people of many nationalities tended to hang around in a non organised way at the bus stops for instance...as soon as the bus arrived...all would just head straight for the door. So we adopted the same mentality and found we were often the first on. :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
Does any one adopt the reverse when they're abroard ?. I do...well I say queue jump, they don't actually queue properly. Egypt for instance, people of many nationalities tended to hang around in a non organised way at the bus stops for instance...as soon as the bus arrived...all would just head straight for the door. So we adopted the same mentality and found we were often the first on. :okay:
Yes, whilst attempting to get through passport control at Johannesburg airport a few years ago.

A group of British tourists were tut tutting and getting nowhere whilst I had to resort to an elbows out, when in Rome, approach. :smile:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Yes, whilst attempting to get through passport control at Johannesburg airport a few years ago.

A group of British tourists were tut tutting and getting nowhere whilst I had to resort to an elbows out, when in Rome, approach. :smile:
Of course, when you're in a place where queuing isn't the cultural norm you have to adopt a different approach.
Otherwise I'd still be waiting to board a coach from Athens airport to Heraklion, and we got back from that jaunt in 1996 if memory serves......

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Cultural norm. I use that thought when at work where you're walking tbrough the busy entrance to the factory..and the door will almost NEVER be held open by the preceding person, because they're 99% east european. Its not personal, they dont hold the door for their own kind, its just not part of their thought process.
One fella the other day did hold the door...fairly took me by surprise.

Reactions: SD1

SD1

Must admit I like the shops who have ticket machines which stops que jumping. Although some could make them more visible.

Cultural norm. I use that thought when at work where you're walking tbrough the busy entrance to the factory..and the door will almost NEVER be held open by the preceding person, because they're 99% east european. .

Stupidest post of the day. Poles, for instance, are generally far more polite and respectful than Brits. In Poland if an old person gets on the tram and youngsters are sat in the elderly seats the old duffer will go up and demand they move. Try that in London.

SD1

Stupidest post of the day. Poles, for instance, are generally far more polite and respectful than Brits. In Poland if an old person gets on the tram and youngsters are sat in the elderly seats the old duffer will go up and demand they move. Try that in London.
So young Poles are ignorant and old Poles are aggressive? That doesn't show Poles in a good light!

MarkF

Guru
I'm astounded by the rudeness of the public at large in the hospital I work in.
Seems to be the way of the world unfortunately.

I can could count on one hand the times people have been downright rude to me at work in the prior 25 years. Since starting work at a hospital, I run out of fingers by lunchtime every day, but it's the staff being rude to me not the public.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is yours the second most? Probably the most dismissive anyway.
If the kids are so polite, why is it necessary for the old fellow to demand they move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom