Bad move spending under £300 on single speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaaaaaamie

It's very much in the MTB category, but also worth considering is the Vitus Vee1 from Chainreaction. Got great reviews from Road.cc and having had one briefly in my possession last year it's a good looking bike. Has all the necessary fixings for guards and a rack if required.

I have one of these in a 29er flavour. £292 from CRC. Has been ace for commuting, and popping the shops...like a big bmx :becool:. The Kenda Small Block tyres make it well suited to roads and is also fine on fire road/bridleway excursions. The 29er does not have the rack mounts, but one can always use p-clips.

Sadly I will be letting it go soon, as well as my current road bike, as decided to get a CX bike to save on space. I would offer it, but reading the post above but one, it ain't going fit you (16" frame).

GjBnR2o.jpg

Ricki

Regular
Thats okay. Thanks alot for the thought though. Just ordered myself a schwinn cutter now just got to wait for it to arrive!!

Last May or June I invested in a cheap Viking Fixie (£175) it weighs the proverbial tonne but its pretty flat here and i think its been a worthwhile investment though and it still hasn't fallen completely apart after 5,000 miles (touchwood). The freewheel fell apart back in Spring and I had to go fixed (but that was probaly lack of maintenance) and I fitted a new chain around 3,500 miles and new tyres shortly before; it also withstood a substantial rear end shunt; although that done the wheel in.

MOI

Regular
Last May or June I invested in a cheap Viking Fixie (£175) it weighs the proverbial tonne but its pretty flat here and i think its been a worthwhile investment though and it still hasn't fallen completely apart after 5,000 miles (touchwood). The freewheel fell apart back in Spring and I had to go fixed (but that was probaly lack of maintenance) and I fitted a new chain around 3,500 miles and new tyres shortly before; it also withstood a substantial rear end shunt; although that done the wheel in.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago as my n+1, loads of fun in freewheel mode, done about 150 miles on it so far including a 40 mile jouney and can be got for for £150 on fleabay, if I was going to buy a commuter for a short journey I would def have one, even thinking about getting a flat bar one for fixed wheel (don't trust myself on the drops on a fixie yet).

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago as my n+1, loads of fun in freewheel mode, done about 150 miles on it so far including a 40 mile jouney and can be got for for £150 on fleabay, if I was going to buy a commuter for a short journey I would def have one, even thinking about getting a flat bar one for fixed wheel (don't trust myself on the drops on a fixie yet).
I'm hardly ever in the drops, I dont think there be any benefit for me in a flat bar.

Top Bottom