Bad Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

What about cycling one handed, on the drops,slowly, and drinking from a biddon causing a tailback of peed off motorists?

That would depend on what a biddon is.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What about cycling one handed, on the drops,slowly, and drinking from a biddon causing a tailback of peed off motorists?

I raised that question a few pages ago and it got ignored.......

OP
OP
twobiker

twobiker

I mentioned that very junction earlier, before you had finally given the coordinates (do keep up, TB):

http://www.cyclechat...ost__p__1869322

I'll let others decide if they would be comfortable descending down to Totnes with cars potentially passing them in the same lane, with those bends and with that width of lane. I'd certainly be a good 3-4 feet from the hedge. Only a bit futher down, it's unbroken double white lines, so no overtaking there anyway. It's easy to see why a cyclist might have had a queue of cars behind, regardless of whether he was on the phone.

Oh, and I think you mean the A3121, not B3121 through Ermington! This rather proves my point about your navigation and direction skills, don't you think? As it happens, I did use the A3121 as well, but I preferred going through Ivybridge as I would often stop to see my gran.

Letter boxing was good fun as a child (it teaches you how to read a map for one!), but I can't say I've done it for 20 years.

I don't know if your M-in-L is an emmet, but the more you post, the more I feel for her regardless of her Devonian heritage or not!
There you go again unable to post without making a snide comment, if you had read a map you would have found the location much quicker but you wanted to look up the location on Google Earth, and A or B road prefix it is the road through Ermington so my navigation and direction skills are fine, if you are developing feelings for my M-i-L, I should warn you that F-i-L , is still around and he is a big guy.I am not running a dating agency.

Come on gaz, you know if you had caught this chap on film he'd be in an episode of silly cyclists. And your example is ok but there is almost an infinite amount of legitimate reasons why a person would be cycling slowly, with one hand and holding up traffic.

Point is on this occasion, for this reason, the cyclist could have been more considerate.

I raised that question a few pages ago and it got ignored.......

Not ignored, just not noticed, answered above :thumbsup:

Noodley

Point is on this occasion, for this reason, the cyclist could have been more considerate.

He could have been. But why be so bothered by it?

apollo179

Bottle of Rum
Water bottle

If the drinking process was likely to significantly undermine the individuals ability to concentrate on the road , his awareness of his surroundings or his control and ability on his bike then i would recommend stopping for a drink.
If the cyclist can drink without affecting his road awareness or detrimentally affecting him otherwise then i see no problem.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
He could have been. But why be so bothered by it?

I don't think the majority of people on here are bothered by it (not saying everyone). In fact the people who seem to have the most bees in their bonnets are the ones who are all hot and bothered about being asked to consider other people.

I think maybe the OP even wasn't p'd off, more astounded at the breathtaking idiocy of someone going up hill, on a bike texting with a queue behind him.

Origamist

Legendary Member
There you go again unable to post without making a snide comment, if you had read a map you would have found the location much quicker but you wanted to look up the location on Google Earth, and A or B road prefix it is the road through Ermington so my navigation and direction skills are fine, if you are developing feelings for my M-i-L, I should warn you that F-i-L , is still around and he is a big guy.I am not running a dating agency.

I didn't consult an OS map as I wanted to share the location with others (hence Google Maps) - that way, others could assess the road layout themselves to see if that could have had a bearing on why there was a queue behind the cyclist. I understand why the focus is on the mobile phone use, but there are other contributory factors to consider (as others have tried to point out) and I can well imagine cycling down that stretch with both hands on the hoods, but still with a queue of cars behind me. Would I be using my phone, or fiddling in a jersey pocket at that particular junction, "No" is the answer.

It's OK, my feelings towards your mother-in-law are more empathetic, than amourous.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I have offended you - I though this was just a bit of banter, but I can see you are getting a bit het up. Apologies.

Top Bottom