Bad Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Everyone is perfectly calm. We are all friends here, simply having a fun, if occasionally heated debate. :tongue:

OK I think we may have stumbled across something here...the assumption that because we don't agree with someone (either their actions or their veiws) that this in someway elicits a non-calm response: similar tones to the OP.

I bet the majority of those who are condemning the cyclist are from the south of England.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
OK I think we may have stumbled across something here...the assumption that because we don't agree with someone (either their actions or their veiws) that this in someway elicits a non-calm response: similar tones to the OP.

I bet the majority of those who are condemning the cyclist are from the south of England.

Sorry to buck the trend. Am a northerner - cut me in half and you will find pastry.

apollo179

1566132 said:
There is no end of inconsiderate and selfish behaviour on our roads and just about everywhere else for that matter. The thing that interests me about this is the idea that this one example reflects badly on us all, when other examples of poor behaviour by other classes of road user are taken as individual behaviour in isolation.
Does anyone have any useful insight on this one?

It contributes to a general image of cyclists.
Like the image of white van men all being thick neanderthals like the one that pulled over to have a go at mathewT.

Noodley

Well when you said "You just made that up nowhere does the OP say....... rah de rah", I assumed that you thought it mattered.

No I just thought I should point out you made it up, since you had. When does the bear get included in the story..."there was a cyclist and a bear in all the gear..."

Noodley

It contributes to a general image of cyclists.
Like the image of white van men all being thick neanderthals like the one that pulled over to have a go at mathewT.

Ah right so are you admitting it is rubbish then..a waste of time, as we know that to be a stereotype?

Panter

Just call me Chris...

Guilty as charged
wink.gif

Noodley

Was it a panda or a brown bear or a black bear?

Don't be ridiculous, when did you ever see a brown bear on a bike, or a black bear come to think of it. Unless they we wearing hi-viz.

So far from all the answers I've read, I think only Mickle may have the ability to recognise he could make things easier but he still chooses not to.

I'll let you in on a secret. I do pull over to the side of the road to let people past if necessary, show courtesy and ride within the law. I'm just interested in exploring perceptions.

I think we are, as a nation, anti-cyclist. And that includes many cyclists.

In forum after forum we grumble on about RLJers, people riding without lights etc. As if their behaviour reflects on us. It doesn't. The clue to the longevity of this thread is the title.

Top Bottom