Bad, Naughty Ice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Bum, BB, sorry to read that. I cracked ribs coming off a motorbike a few years ago and there's little to nothing that can be done other than rest and not having kids and dogs jumping on you for the next 12 months.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Goodness Boris, what bad luck! GWS!
Here it's not even near freezing, just wet and actually quite mild.
Not a consolation to you, I suppose.
Hope you did not crack a rib after all: getting a Doctor to check would be a good thing.

Teuchter

Über Member
Let's be careful out there...

Totally uneventful ride home tonight then almost landed up on my arse slipping on a wet paving stone as I was locking the bike in the shed.

No cracked ribs here at least!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh sorry to hear about your off. My off a few years ago was ice related.

Take it easy and if the aches and pains get worse do get to your doc to check you've not broken the rib.

GWS

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

Oh sorry to hear about your off. My off a few years ago was ice related.

Take it easy and if the aches and pains get worse do get to your doc to check you've not broken the rib.

GWS

I did go to the doc in the end, as I wasn't sleeping and had lmited movement.

It is broken. Bah, Humbug!

Amazing how a seemingly pointless little bone, more commonly used by bored deities to mould into a new gender and life partner, can cause so much discomfort when broken.

Also, it doesn't seem to get me out of cleaning the house or washing up.

A lose-lose situation as far as I can see.

The bike's OK though. I had to straighten the bars and tighten a few bits. There are character-adding scratches, but nothing buckled.

I was just silly to ride as I did and where I did.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Live and learn with this I guess.

Take it easy as broken ribs take ages to heal. My sympathies. Glad the bike is ok though.

HovR

Über Member
Get well soon, BB!

Still no ice down here luckily, although it's getting that way hovering at around 1 degree or so some mornings.

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

But where do you live that it's icy so early in the season, BB?

I'm in the Three Counties, just east of Wales.

It didn't seem to be 'freezin' and in fact a little later the thermometer in the car said 4 celcius.

But it was a shaded part of a very smooth car park in a supermarket and ice has extraordinary latent-heat qualities.

It was ice, rather than diesel, but it was almost-invisible bad, naughty ice.

My family are getting slightly fed up with my grimaces and winces whenever I reach for something or cough...

Top Bottom