Bad news if you've had a bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that would only be relevant if you had a bike fit while you were asleep...

It means that your bike fit is only precise at the same time each day.

Haven't read the study, but assuming it is even correct....

let's say you wake up at 7am and go to bed at 11pm - between those 16 hours, your spine will be contracting at a rate of 0.3mm every hour (assuming the reduction is linear). It's not going to be a problem. And even if it was, it would only affect your reach, which is one of the most variable distances on a bike fit in any case...

400bhp

Guru
Assuming the study is even correct....

let's say you wake up at 7am and go to bed at 11pm - between those 16 hours, your spine will be contracting at a rate of 0.3mm every hour. It's not going to be a problem. And even if it was, it would only affect your reach, which is one of the most variable issues on a bike fit in any case...

I was gonna write that, but then deleted it.

Assume normal distribution for bike ride and contraction. If I could be arsed working it out I think you'll find something like a 99% chance that you are within 1mm on a bike ride.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
This is hardly new. The study was produced in 96 and I recall hearing about it in biology at school in the early naughties.

Lee_M

Guru
*imagines thousands of cyclists who have had a bike fit running around in blind panic over 5mm's difference*

surely runnign about will compress their spines even more

.... oh no... what to do

electronically variable frame anyone?

400bhp

Guru
If you've got a "turtles head" pooping out (touching cloth) that probably adds a few mm.

So does the thickness of shorts.

Thicker socks.

:sigh:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If you've got a "turtles head" pooping out (touching cloth) that probably adds a few mm.

So does the thickness of shorts.

Thicker socks.

:sigh:
Not sure what to worry about now, should I fret over my bike not fitting or because pooing on the bike could affect things as well?

Top Bottom