Bag Suggestion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krisgoss

Hi all,
I am after a bag to carry my stuff to work....basically! :rolleyes:

I commute 6.5 miles each day, and I need a new bag. I am currently using my old school backpack, which is ok for now, but I need to start carrying shirts in my bag, and there isn't much room for that kind of thing at the minute.

So what sort of bag would be good for me do you reckon?
Thanks for any advice
Kris

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Sports Direct have some Karrimor backpacks at reasonable prices. Around 25 litres should do. They have stores in most towns

http://www.sportsdir...-sack-94-716016

or

http://www.sportsdir...olcode=71600322

Norm

They aren't cheap, but they are excellent, and you'll feel liberated by not having to wear a backpack - no more sweaty backs ! !
By coincidence, this morning was my first commute with that exact set up. Much more comfortable riding and better when stopped, as I didn't have to strip my bike when I arrive.

Because of the risk of injury, I don't like carrying anything solid in a rucksack so I used tail packs and bottle cases to carry my tools, phones, spare lights etc, with just clothing going in the rucksack. It meant that, on arrival, I'd have to take five pieces of kit off the bike to put it into the rucksack for the walk into the office. Now I just unclip the bag and front light and I'm ready to roll.

OP
OP
krisgoss

krisgoss

Hmmm, the pannier system does seem to have a lot of advantages!
Doubt I would get the linked ones mind, cost far too much for my tastes, sorry.

Have seen a couple of cheaper set-ups about though - I am still undecided about how long I want to commute by bike for, so don't want to spend loads....if that makes sense?

Thank you for your help guys! GIven me plenty to think about.

Megsy

Apologies to Kris for sort of hijacking his thread, but I like to ride all luminous for visibility. I need a snall backpack for commuting to work, but would like one in a really bright colour, so as not to hide my bright clothing. Any ideas where such a thing exists?

Top Bottom