Baggy 3/4's that you can wear out and about in public?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RufusA

Über Member
My go to winter commuting baggies (Endura Zyme 3/4) are nearing the point of no repair, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

Sadly Endura have discontinued making Zyme, and stock is nearly non-existent. So I came to the great and good for advice.

My key requirements are:
  • Something 3/4 length thick / warm / windproof enough for winter.
  • Enough pockets for phone, wallet, security card, keys etc. With means to stop them falling out.
  • Not made out of something that feels like plastic, and rustles every time you walk.
  • Something you can wear in public, in the pub, or walking around London without frightening or repulsing people e.g. no contrasting coloured elasticated panels, no bulky pads on the crotch/arse, no huge bright logos or camouflage. Basically nothing that screams cyclist too loudly.

Finally I don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on it - so no Rapha/Asos.

Any recommendations / suggestions?

Thanks.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Grown men should never be out in public in any sort of 3/4 length baggie "short" unless engaged in the act of cutting some rad air on their trick wheels. Dude.

But if you must Edinburgh Bicycle Coop used to do passable endura imitations as did that New Zealand Merino clobber outfit whose name escapes me.

fimm

Veteran
Being of the female persuasion, I have no useful suggestions to add to this thread.
However I just wanted to say that I don't get the whole "grown men should not wear shorts" thing. My O/H looks really nice in his 3/4s, and if you find them practical and comfortable for you, then you wear them.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
*hangs head in shame* - I guess tweed plus twos/fours are also out?
Thanks for the EBC suggestion.
Not at all. Tweed or other plus twos are to be encouraged. Plus fours are too baggy four cycling but ok for golf. Imo.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Being of the female persuasion, I have no useful suggestions to add to this thread.
However I just wanted to say that I don't get the whole "grown men should not wear shorts" thing. My O/H looks really nice in his 3/4s, and if you find them practical and comfortable for you, then you wear them.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my eye the avg Brit male should make alternative arrangements ;)

Lee_M

Guru

shorts yes, and I wear them all the time. 3/4's never, unless perhaps you're a gangsta in the hood, in which case please wear whatever you like :-)

Top Bottom