Baggy 3/4's that you can wear out and about in public?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being of the female persuasion, I have no useful suggestions to add to this thread.
However I just wanted to say that I don't get the whole "grown men should not wear shorts" thing. My O/H looks really nice in his 3/4s, and if you find them practical and comfortable for you, then you wear them.

But you(and only you ) thinks he looks good in them.I suppose that counts for something.
Others ?
Not so much.
If he hunts Elephants with a12 Bore in hand,he could maybe get away with it.

toontra

Veteran
To get back to the OP's question - there is no replacement for the Zyme's at the moment on the market. I know because mine recently finally fell apart too! Luckily I found someone selling an unused pair on Ebay in my size, so that will keep me going for a couple of years.

I've searched everywhere, UK and overseas, for equivalents. There are several made from the crinkly material you describe but nothing with natural (or natural-feeling) fabric. I've tried Swrve 3/4's but didn't like them - strange fit and really expensive - so they went back.

I've spoken to someone at Endura and they say the Urban Stretch short is the nearest replacement for Zyme's, although no 3/4. I asked their product development dept to have a look into doing a 3/4 version. There really is a gap in the market for someone wanting to make these. I'm sure they'd sell well, in spite of the scepticism displayed here!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Found some!

mens-golf-plus-twos-old-tom-4.1470062525.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
But WHY? What's wrong with them?
Most men look dreadful in them .... but clearly think they look the dog's danglies, especially with a footie shirt .... nice.

MensShorts_03.jpg

MensShorts_04.jpg

Clearly you've never been to the Summmer fleshpots of Europe or the centre of many a town and city on a hot day .... Oh the horror ....

Attachments

• MensShorts_03.jpg
    MensShorts_03.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
  • MensShorts_04.jpg
    MensShorts_04.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 35
  • MensShorts_03.jpg
    MensShorts_03.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 38
  • MensShorts_04.jpg
    MensShorts_04.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 32

Goggs

Guru
I own a pair of Hummvee 3/4's that fitted me three years ago but I, er, expanded somewhat. I just went & dug them out and they fit me again. Cycling makes me slim. Who knew?

Alternatively..

swim-trunks-kenzo-khaki-long-swim-shorts-630x419_zpsxsohrddq.jpg

Attachments

• swim-trunks-kenzo-khaki-long-swim-shorts-630x419_zpsxsohrddq.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32
  • swim-trunks-kenzo-khaki-long-swim-shorts-630x419_zpsxsohrddq.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 29

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's hard for 3/4 shorts not to evoke the ubiquitous hard man gone to seed look prevalent here - shaved head, footy top, a bit more belly than the wearer probably envisioned having at this time in their life, and grey/blue Umbro 3/4s.

That said, I've commuted in 3/4 Zymes, largely because my knees have an intense dislike of cold weather. I was, at least, only afoot in the short time that I had to wheel, rather than ride, the bike.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's hard for 3/4 shorts not to evoke the ubiquitous hard man gone to seed look prevalent here - shaved head, footy top, a bit more belly than the wearer probably envisioned having at this time in their life, and grey/blue Umbro 3/4s.

That said, I've commuted in 3/4 Zymes, largely because my knees have an intense dislike of cold weather. I was, at least, only afoot in the short time that I had to wheel, rather than ride, the bike.
Agreed.
Whilst aboard a bike fine. But like lycra, best gotten out of for anything else when possible.

Top Bottom