Baked Beans with a fried breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
You've missed off a couple of eggs and a few farls of potato bread fried in lard. :tongue:

Sorry, I did miss of the eggs but only because it slipped my mind as I don't actually like fried eggs (the only way I like eggs is hard boiled). I did say potato bread.

ChrisKH

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
I like baked beans with a cooked brekkie - so nar!

Well done that man!

Substitute beans, mushrooms, tomotoes, brown/wholemeal bread, smoked salmon (with scrambled eggs :tongue:) for some of the fattier options and you have a healthy breakfast as well.

ChrisKH

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
But for the love of God, why?

Don't get me wrong, I luuuurve fried bread and the like (Ulster fry sounds marvellous) but if you have family members who struggle with with their weight, a healthier cooked breakfast with low fat alternatives is better than none at all.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Arch said:
Chips, I agree, are not breakfast fodder. Hashbrowns, or potato cakes.

Hash browns are American and therefore treasonous under the terms of the British Breakfast Act 1927.

Black puddings are however a very important, nay vital, constituent.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How does a bloke living in Germany know about Bury's Famous Black Puddings?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Andy in Sig said:
Hash browns are American and therefore treasonous under the terms of the British Breakfast Act 1927.

Black puddings are however a very important, nay vital, constituent.

I agree that I would prefer potato cakes, or farls, to hash browns, but I'm not completely opposed to them...

Black pudding I agree with....:angry:

longers

Legendary Member
Yes to beans with breakfasts but they must be as far away from the eggs as possible on the plate.

Top Bottom