Baldie advice required ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I am getting progressively less and less hair on the top of my head as I get older - I've got a kind of "landing strip" developing from my crown to my fringe (if you can still call it a fringe!).

My solution is to do myself grade 1 all over with a pair of clippers on a weekly basis ... but this presents a problem in the sun - I get a sunburnt head!

If you are a baldie too, what do you use on the top of your head to prevent sunburn? I have tried sun-block out of a bottle but that just makes the rest of the hair greasy ... I was thinking about one of those "no-mess" spray-on sun blocks. I don't like wearing a hat, it makes my head super-hot. It's even worse when I wear a helmet - I get stripes on my head!

I don't tan by the way, I go straight from white to beetroot red and back to white again. I am one of those blue-eyed very fair skinned types who burns in the first glimmer of the sun's rays ...

Slowgrind

Syrup???????......

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Lol!

Joo ees haveeng a leetle Joke, n'est pas?

When a man goes bald he should shave it all off, IMHO!

I cringe when I see:

(a) Bald men trying desperately to cling onto their old pre-bald hairstyle. E.g. the "clown" look, or the pony-tail with a bald spot. The latter just looks creepy!
(:tongue: Combovers (the ones where the whispy bits trail in the wind).
(c) Syrups!!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I have a friend with the same problem! :girl:

Gotta be sun block - there are some that aren't too greasy. For me him it's a hat when it's very sunny, I he goes from pasty to lobster in seconds.

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

threebikesmcginty said:
Can you explain cock-er-ney rhyming slang to our associate from North Baddersley XmisterIX? :girl:

Yeah, well, it's like this, see, a syrup's wot you whacks on yer loaf when yer barnet's gone bandy, innit?

wafflycat

MrWC is bald (all the best blokes are). He either wears a hat or uses sunblock/sunscreen of at least factor 15.

The problem is if you aren't bald, but just thin on top or are keeping it very short whatever. There's nothing worse than hair smeared with sunblock/sunscreen. A hat is the answer in such a case. There are some stylish hats out there that make a chap look very, very attractive.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
This isn't me, but it might do the trick (works for rain too, I guess) :girl:

umbrella-hat-big.jpg

bauldbairn

I've had my head shaved for more than 20 years and I have the same problem. :becool:
In the early summer months I start putting my "face" moisturiser on my head too - SPF 15.
Then in the depths of summer I have to use a higher SPF sun cream.
I really have no option but to wear a "sun hat" on the brightest of days as the pain of sunburn on the head is pretty uncomfortable.

Although practical I hate wearing the hat too, it's very warm - better that than increasing your chances of getting skin cancer. :girl:

ChrisKH

Guru
Buff (preferably CC one) used as a hat or bandana for me.

I'm a late convert to cycling caps. Bought a cycling specific one last year and I love it.

Coco

I'm afraid a hat is the only option if you've still got some hair.

You could always try a buff too.

Top Bottom