bananas etc, how long until you feel the benefit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found that earlier too :smile:

HardPlant

How do you know?

I wouldn't follow the advice of some American oddball named after a stinky Asian fruit and who looks like a serial killer or cult leader (I watch lots of Criminal Minds and many of the villains look like him :laugh: !)

He is Australian.

HardPlant

http://30bananasadaysucks.com/2012/...f-the-claim-that-30bad-advice-is-not-working/

Not all good is it HP. Lots of evidence there, as has been already mentioned by the sensible folk on here.

Lol so many people mentioning weight gain... Im pretty sure they were eating other things besides fruit... But thanks for the laugh as someone there mentioned ''avoiding people''. LOL. made my day

Funny how in 30bananasaday nobody claims to gain weight. I guess im one of them. I lost 16kg, you can gain some in the start but there are no long term fat fruitarians and that's a fact.

ayceejay

Guru
Just to burst a myth amongst the 'science': white sugar is not a direct cause of type 2 diabetes.
The problem with white sugar is that it is what is known as an 'empty carb' meaning that other than the calories from sugar there is zero nutritional value, your man is correct in saying that energy comes from sugar but this is in the form of glucose that the body has converted and frees into the system over time. A simple sugar will pass almost directly into the system and be used up almost as quickly. This is why it is important to eat foods that will slow down this action saving simple sugars (glucose tabs for me) for emergencies. The body is a lot more complicated than your Aussie friend would have you believe as I think his banana and sugar smoothie would need to be on a drip to sustain him and then only until he graduates to a realistic diet.

Top Bottom