bananas etc, how long until you feel the benefit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
6 or 7 the rest to the left are just wrong!

Much further than 7 and it is made into banana loaf

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes, been working in catering all of 30 years ^_^
Yes, I am extremely weird :biggrin:
you work in catering, but don't have time to eat........so who taste tests the food your serving to ensure it tastes ok and is edable. when i worked in a restaurant we was always eating and cooking extra for taste tests

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
you work in catering, but don't have time to eat........so who taste tests the food your serving to ensure it tastes ok and is edable. when i worked in a restaurant we was always eating and cooking extra for taste tests
Chefs do that: I am a mere server :sad:
Anyway, my current job title is barista: to quality control, I drink at least 6 double espresso macchiato a day :cuppa:

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I get grumpy and irritable if I dont have a lunch or breaks. Having a short break from intense physical work gives me a restbite. I dont know how you can go for so long with the little food you eat. I would have to eat at least a bunch of bananas not one. BTW, banana no.6 looks good.

Garz

Squat Member
I was once told by a dietitian that it depends on the ripeness of the banana!

This is obviously critical and is very apt.

I would say by the time you have absorbed its nutritional benefits to use - you would have already completed your ride. As someone else mentioned above try eating it earlier in anticipation of you ride!

HardPlant

You have to eat atleast 5 bananas to get some effect, other possibility are dates, they are easy to carry and a perfect for some quick carbs, just remember, fruits can not make you fat. It is impossible, so eat all the fruit you want. Also try Banana and Date smoothie, GODLIKE.

paulmad

tennis players take a bite of banana during a match. why bother if it doesnt have any effect until the game is over ?

Ningishzidda

Banana, cut into two pieces lengthways and place in an elliptical glass dish. Cover with five scoops of various flavour ice cream and cover this with fresh whipped cream. Insert chocolate ‘Flake’s and sprinkle with candy bits, jelly beans, chocolate syrup and raspberry syrup. Finish with three wafer Peticoat tails.

HardPlant

Where do you obtain this information?

Well i believe that eating large quantities of fruit will have more benefit, okay maybe i was too quick to say you need atleast 5 but still i think people should eat way more fruits than we are doing right now. 1 banana just wont cut it. I eat 20 in one day.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well i believe that eating large quantities of fruit will have more benefit, okay maybe i was too quick to say you need atleast 5 but still i think people should eat way more fruits than we are doing right now. 1 banana just wont cut it. I eat 20 in one day.

What is this opinion based on?

Top Bottom