bananas etc, how long until you feel the benefit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
I believe and think are not based on much fact then. Eating 20 in a day will not be of much benefit either. A balanced diet is better advice, spouting fruits cannot make you fat is again poor advice.

HardPlant

I believe and think are not based on much fact then. Eating 20 in a day will not be of much benefit either. A balanced diet is better advice, spouting fruits cannot make you fat is again poor advice.

This guy eats over 40 a day, and will problably be fit for the rest of his life and live to 100+ easily. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-Raw-around-Australia-2013/151899708156709?fref=ts power of fruit.

Garz

Squat Member
'This guy' could have a rare genetic defect and drop down dead through another biological imperfection even though he thinks the 40 a day is going to see him to 100+...

HardPlant

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You come across as a little evangelical about this. I met a guy who comes across much like yourself once, interesting character. In short, he had become an overnight vegan and become very interested in nutrition, he was also a runner (no idea of his running background, he wasn't very fast though, so based on his age, his physique and his performance, I am guessing he was newish to this too) he had done lots of reading and was full of enthusiasm. Following various mini lectures from him (i.e. him talking at me and various other people, rather than it being a conversation) he approached me formally about me giving him the opportunity to give a nutrition talk at the beginning of a running event I was organising, I declined his offer on the basis that we are there to organise a run, not lecture people on nutrition. Based on the stuff he used to talk at me about in the short time I knew of him, I am sure he had some interesting things to say, but he was as I say an overnight convert and full of enthusiasm, he disappeared shortly afterwards, no idea why or where too, maybe his enthusiasm waned and his health kick ended or maybe he just moved onto different pastures.

ayceejay

Guru
Well i believe that eating large quantities of fruit will have more benefit, okay maybe i was too quick to say you need atleast 5 but still i think people should eat way more fruits than we are doing right now. 1 banana just wont cut it. I eat 20 in one day.
The science connected with these assertions (the video included) is at best suspect. Where glycogen is stored is fairly basic nutrition as is the information regarding the nutritional value of dates and bananas, as for the ideal balance between fructose and glucose in dates being all that is needed as an energy source this is unscientific BS.
I am reminded of that woman who walked the length and breadth of Britain eating only carrots.

HardPlant

The science connected with these assertions (the video included) is at best suspect. Where glycogen is stored is fairly basic nutrition as is the information regarding the nutritional value of dates and bananas, as for the ideal balance between fructose and glucose in dates being all that is needed as an energy source this is unscientific BS.
I am reminded of that woman who walked the length and breadth of Britain eating only carrots.

I never said Banana and Dates is the only things you need, im just saying eating them in large quantities is good for you. You CAN live on bananas and dates only but that's not the point. Eat any kind of fruit you want and as much as you want, and some veggies if you wish. Judge by results not theory.

HardPlant

It's scary just how alike to DR you are.

Yeah im a fan of him :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I never said Banana and Dates is the only things you need, im just saying eating them in large quantities is good for you. You CAN live on bananas and dates only but that's not the point. Eat any kind of fruit you want and as much as you want, and some veggies if you wish. Judge by results not theory.

A balanced diet is good for you, too much of the same thing is not. Too many banana's and your potassium level is going to be so high you are going to be on the kharzi all day...

HardPlant

A balanced diet is good for you, too much of the same thing is not. Too many banana's and your potassium level is going to be so high you are going to be on the kharzi all day...

''Too much of th same thing is not good for you'' Maybe you scroll up a little and watch the video ''How much fruit is too much?'' . Answers your question. Oh by the way you would have to eat 400 bananas in 30 seconds to get the lethal amount of potassium since potassium exits your body so quickly

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
''Too much of th same thing is not good for you'' Maybe you scroll up a little and watch the video ''How much fruit is too much?'' . Answers your question. Oh by the way you would have to eat 400 bananas in 30 seconds to get the lethal amount of potassium since potassium exits your body so quickly

I didn't say too much fruit, I said too much of the same thing in this instance banans's and who mentioned potassium death ? I said " Too many banana's and your potassium level is going to be so high you are going to be on the kharzi all day". This would back up your statement of leaving the body quickly, however in this instance from the rusty sheriffs badge.

HardPlant

I didn't say too much fruit, I said too much of the same thing in this instance banans's and who mentioned potassium death ? I said " Too many banana's and your potassium level is going to be so high you are going to be on the kharzi all day" ...

You can't eat too much bananas! There is no such thing! This is the point... Yeah in todays society people are brainwashed and when they see someone eating 5 bananas in a sitting they think you are a lunatic.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I didn't say too much fruit, I said too much of the same thing in this instance banans's and who mentioned potassium death ? I said " Too many banana's and your potassium level is going to be so high you are going to be on the kharzi all day". This would back up your statement of leaving the body quickly, however in this instance from the rusty sheriffs badge.
Which isn't a known symptom of hyperkalemia

Top Bottom