bananas etc, how long until you feel the benefit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
You can't eat too much bananas! There is no such thing! This is the point...

You are 100% wrong... :cursing: You need to know what your talking about before stating things as fact. People with kidney failure who are on dialysis are told to avoid bananas, the reason for this is the mineral potassium found in many foods, especially fruits and vegetables. Potassium affects how steadily your heart beats, so eating foods with too much of it can be very dangerous to your heart. The kidney is the organ that normally regulates potassium in the bloodstream, so once the kindeys fail there can be a problem.

Some medicines such as Diovan which is widely used for blood pressure also changes the way in which potassium is processed by the body, and lowers the amount required to reach toxicity.

As such for some people it can be dangerous to their lives to consume vast volumes of banana's.

ayceejay

Guru
Of trivial importance is the fact that potassium is one of the ingredients of the lethal cocktail offered at the end of death row although, in fairness I have never heard of death by banana- now that would get me all bent out of shape.

Alun

Guru

HardPlant

Interesting innit. Vitamin B12 found in most animal derived foods, which a raw vegan (fruitarian to be precise) wouldn't be eating.

Im sure by now he has found an alternative to these shots, Almond milk has B12 and tastes 100x better than cows milk, i suggest you try it just for the taste of it. And Garz what is so funny to you? Lol keep laughing i bet DR would whoop you in a bike race.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Im sure by now he has found an alternative to these shots, Almond milk has B12 and tastes 100x better than cows milk, i suggest you try it just for the taste of it. And Garz what is so funny to you? Lol keep laughing i bet DR would whoop you in a bike race.
You are DR aren't you?

Reactions: 4F

Alun

Guru
I've read/watched a lot of his posts, and can't remember him saying anything about Almond milk. I think that he would let us know about such revelations!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you haven't watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, watch it on Channel 5 next week - link. You may not want to go to those extremes, but it certainly makes a good case for increasing fruit and veg intake way above '5 a day'!

You are DR aren't you?

That's what I asked in the weight loss thread. I wouldn't be surprised.

It would seem there are people who appear to get good results living off fruit, if their claims are correct. I have no reason to dispute this. I personally know a couple of very lean high fat eaters who win tough endurance races outright. I'm not qualified to say either way. What works for you. Fruit is seasonal though. If I were to go the 80/10/10 route I'd at least follow Dr. John McDougall's starch theory. I didn't rip those pages out of my copy of The Starch Solution ;) . Hey Harley, if this is you, keep up the youtube work. In all seriousness whatever keeps the whole food debate in peoples' minds.

HardPlant

No im not DR lol... Just a very big fan of him and hes an inspiration for me so i just want to spread his message, more plant foods for better health.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So, your a fanboy. It is hard to take your comments seriously when you lack the capacity for objectivity due to your fanatic association.

Top Bottom