Bananas on a ride. Does anyone take them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've never found the need to get other body parts involved neither.. Not being all judgy here mind, but ???
Dunno about dried bananas, but had many a jelly bean nesting in my, erm, adequate assets :whistle: :laugh:
I have seen @Heltor Chasca@s beard (only on YouTube, don't anybody start!) and I can just visualize a stray dried banana finding its way in there :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not so long ago (that probably means something like 20 years) at least one of the big supermarkets used to sell banana rolls, in the style of fig rolls. They were brilliant. :sad:
Make your own.

https://honeyanddough.com/2015/08/09/banana-rolls/

I actually find it a bit skippy, and over wiggly, riding an undressed bike, after some time loaded up, on the road..

A bit like going on a day walk, mid way through a backpacking trip..
It all feels a bit floaty and weird.
This was exactly my experience. Riding a fully loaded front and back touring bike was tough going at first, it felt like an oil tanker, but once used to it it was all good. (helped my having mailed about a third of the stuff back home because I'd overpacked) it was all good.

After that, going back to the normal road bike (and with a big backpack) it felt insanely top heavy - like I was going to flip the bike.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Bit late to the party, but wonder if this might help?

Dropped on this recipe the other day and was struck by how good a source of energy they might be for a quick cycling snack:

View: https://youtu.be/3rQ-LrmzG3w

But don't think 'cookie' as in crumbly or biscuity. These are more akin to those chewy, fruity bars ... but with oats.
Really easy to make and easily adapted. I substituted dried fruit for choc chips and am going to have a shot at chopped dried apricots with pumpkin seeds, and cranberries with toasted chopped hazlenuts. any other suggestions?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Probem Solved.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That is rediculous. It may be aerodynamic but the ventillation is all wrong.
He's got it on backwards.

Top Bottom