Bananas on a ride. Does anyone take them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
So do I. The texture and taste make me want to gag.

Just the smell of them makes me want to gag. xx(

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
A backpack seems a bit extreme for one banana :rolleyes:

But a necessity for multiple banana transportation. Might rub a bit on the back wheel though.

9hIyzab.jpg

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bananas release their nutriments slowly so one would last a whole ride – tried and tested
No doubt it would.....or near enough. But, on holiday, I will be eating a good tasty breckie and need something to keep me going.
When I do a 50 miler at av 27 mph** it burns energy.
** and if you believe that.....

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
They look like they've already been eaten once :wacko:.
Never heard of them but sounds like an idea.
Have you actually tried them ?

Not the glamour pusses of the food world are they? Yes I have tried them. Quite nice actually. Careful handling required. Think advanced concentration skills. Or behold a small banana shaped object vulcanised to your chin/beard/chest/lap/insert body part here.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
these things look like monkeys willies
They look like they've already been eaten once

Hmmmmm. What a choice.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Not the glamour pusses of the food world are they? Yes I have tried them. Quite nice actually. Careful handling required. Think advanced concentration skills. Or behold a small banana shaped object vulcanised to your chin/beard/chest/lap/insert body part here.

What on earth are you doing with them to encounter such difficulties??

I just hold one end between finger and thumb, insert other end into mouth, bite then chew.

I didn't realise it necessitated such lofty skills in food handling??

I've never found the need to get other body parts involved neither.. Not being all judgy here mind, but ???

They're perfectly nice, and manageable, and tasty @Dave7, dunno what HC is making such a fuss about..

snorri

Legendary Member
Panniers are overkill unless you have a pannier full load, in which case it will affect the handling.
I can vouch for that, some joker put a concrete block in one of my empty panniers when the bike was lying parked at my workplace. I did notice a slight effect but it didn't trouble me enough to stop and investigate until I had cycled the three miles to home.
Cycle tourers are hard!

:biggrin:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I can vouch for that, some joker put a concrete block in one of my empty panniers when the bike was lying parked at my workplace. I did notice a slight effect but it didn't trouble me enough to stop and investigate until I had cycled the three miles to home.
Cycle tourers are hard!

:biggrin:

I actually find it a bit skippy, and over wiggly, riding an undressed bike, after some time loaded up, on the road..

A bit like going on a day walk, mid way through a backpacking trip..
It all feels a bit floaty and weird.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I actually find it a bit skippy, and over wiggly, riding an undressed bike, after some time loaded up, on the road..

A bit like going on a day walk, mid way through a backpacking trip..
It all feels a bit floaty and weird.

I had a Warmshowers guest from Thailand who was tiny. She had to cycle to my LBS just down the road and loaded all her kit back onto the bike. Apparently she couldn’t ride her bike without the load!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I had a Warmshowers guest from Thailand who was tiny. She had to cycle to my LBS just down the road and loaded all her kit back onto the bike. Apparently she couldn’t ride her bike without the load!

At times, I've definitely felt more securely attached to the road when loaded..

Especially in sidewinds.

I'm not 'tiny' by any measure but at only 10 n a half stone not a big weight either.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Top Bottom