Bananas on a ride. Does anyone take them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
After hours of research on banana skin pollution I will continue to bung them in a hedge. Up to 2 years to decompose & tiny creatures will enjoy living & eating on it.
Everywhere I ride I see fly tipping. So I won’t be feeling guilty.
Good evening.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
So do I. The texture and taste make me want to gag.
You do realise that you dont eat that yellow stuff on the outside?

bruce1530

Guru
There’s a little supermarket near my office - I quite often buy stuff for lunch there, including a banana.

Today, I bought 2 bananas. My pal said something like “I see today is a double-banana day”.

Shopkeeper said something like “Back in Pakistan, we have a saying, if you’re eating bananas, always have two. Eating only one banana gives you constipation.”

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Bike feels like a tank to ride with panniers.
If you don't normally use them, (My 'commute' is 1.33 miles on the bike) hardly worth it for recreational rides, better to put on a backpack; you are going to sweat anyway.
Panniers are overkill unless you have a pannier full load, in which case it will affect the handling. But if I just have some food (including a banana to stay on topic), tools, spare tubes, waterproof, phone, charger, wallet, sunblock - the usual stuff - I use a rack bag which doesn't affect the bike at all.

I do use a backpack on the Brompton because Brompton racks are a bit useless, mess up the fold, and I get heel strike with my big feet. But I really dislike cycling with a backpack.

Others take a different view. Vive la difference.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I do use a backpack on the Brompton because Brompton racks are a bit useless, mess up the fold, and I get heel strike with my big feet. But I really dislike cycling with a backpack.

I fitted a rack to my wife's Brompton at her request. To me it seems to alter the dynamics of the fold in a negative way as well as adding weight.
She's never used it, much preferring the " Basket Bag"
Oh well, at least I got to do a bit of fettling, and now have a spare rear mudguard to add to my growing pile of Brompton spares.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The rack itself doesn't mess up the fold I hasten to add. It's just that you can't fold it if you have something on the rack. (And my feet hit anything I put in the rack).

classic33

Leg End Member
It is edible. Would have to be life & death though.
Save time peeling it though.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Barbecued banana, drizzled with dark rum and some brown sugar, then wrapped in foil and cooked for a few minutes. Scummy.
But...... how will I take a BBQ on my bike ride??
The banana, the brown sugar and maybe even the rum but the BBQ??

Top Bottom