Bananas on a ride. Does anyone take them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawaiiguy

Even though I enjoy bananas and get them for free (have trees in my yard), I rarely eat them while on rides. On those few times that I have, I carry them, peeled and diced and occasionally with a dollop of peanut butter, in a ziploc in my jersey pocket.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Even though I enjoy bananas and get them for free (have trees in my yard), I rarely eat them while on rides. On those few times that I have, I carry them, peeled and diced and occasionally with a dollop of peanut butter, in a ziploc in my jersey pocket.
Now that does sound disgusting :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I will throw the skins into the hedge until I see scientific evidence that’s bad for the planet.
If you're too lazy to take your litter home I doubt any evidence will make any difference.

To the OP, no. Pork pies and peanut butter and Marmite sandwiches. Sometimes apples too. Bananas can disintegrate in my rack pack.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

classic33

Leg End Member
"Musa sapientum(Banana) peels were analysed for minerals, nutritional and anti-nutritional contents. The result of mineral content indicate the concentrations (mg g 1 ) of potassium, calcium, sodium, iron, manganese, bromine, rubium, strontium, zirconium and niobium to be 78.10, 19.20, 24.30, 0.61, 76.20, 0.04, 0.21, 0.03, 0.02 and 0.02, respectively. The percentage concentrations of protein, crude lipid, carbohydrate and crude fibre were 0.90, 1.70, 59.00 and 31.70,respectively."

http://medwelljournals.com/abstract/?doi=jftech.2008.263.266

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I tried an experiment to test the 2 year theory and left a banana skin on my lawn one evening last summer. Result was it had decomposed without leaving a trace by the following morning.
A fox or other animal took it :smile:

This is for my weeks cycling in Majorca so how can I possibly know where I will find a cafe.
Drive the route first, then go back, leave the car, ride the bike :whistle:

Even though I enjoy bananas and get them for free (have trees in my yard),
I can't even get the tomatoes to ripen in this constant rain :sad:

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
This is for my weeks cycling in Majorca so how can I possibly know where I will find a cafe.
Apology accepted :smile:
No acceptance of apology necessary as one wasn't offered nor warranted.
And what am I, a mind reader?
Also, Majorca has cafes, everywhere has cafes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A fox or other animal took it :smile:

Drive the route first, then go back, leave the car, ride the bike :whistle:

I can't even get the tomatoes to ripen in this constant rain :sad:

Try ripe banana skins hung up among the tomatoes - the ethylene gas the skins give off should hasten tomato ripening :smile:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Tools, wallet, food, extra drink, hand towel for mopping brow.
So much easier to stick it all in a small backpack surely?
Also, if it slashes it down, the backpack will offer more protection than your Superman outfit you crazy roadies seem to love.
Careful, your prejudices are showing a bit, there. Personally, I'm happy to let other cyclists wear what they want and ride whatever bicycle type they want.

Top Bottom