Bananas on a ride. Does anyone take them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Note of caution to anyone riding in South Africa: DO NOT carry bananas, the baboons will savage you to get them.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Forget all the marketing BS just use Bananas & malt loaf. Enjoy & save money.
Prefer to stop at a cafe and get a nice lump of cake and a tea.
Malt loaf? Are we rationing again?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS,

Apparently, don't throw your banana skins into the hedgerow. I've believe they don't degrade well. It's something I used to do, but apparently it's not good practice ! Now there is another dilemma, what to do with the 'wrapper'.... plastic bag ....paper bag.... :rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
PS,

Apparently, don't throw your banana skins into the hedgerow. I've believe they don't degrade well. It's something I used to do, but apparently it's not good practice ! Now there is another dilemma, what to do with the 'wrapper'.... plastic bag ....paper bag.... :rolleyes:
Around two years, left to nature alone.

Red17

Veteran
I tried an experiment to test the 2 year theory and left a banana skin on my lawn one evening last summer. Result was it had decomposed without leaving a trace by the following morning.

Normally I just chuck them on the compost heap and they degrade in the same time as everything else on there

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tools, wallet, food, extra drink, hand towel for mopping brow.
So much easier to stick it all in a small backpack surely?
Also, if it slashes it down, the backpack will offer more protection than your Superman outfit you crazy roadies seem to love.
I will be hiring a hybrid for a week on Majorca. Doing 40/50 milers in the (hopefully) sun I do not fancy a backpack hanging off me.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Forget all the marketing BS just use Bananas & malt loaf. Enjoy & save money.
Really enjoy malt loaf. This is for a week in Majorca so not sure of the logistics as a) dont know if its available there b) if I take eg 2 with me will they be ok for the week.
I will think that one over.

Milzy

Guru
PS,

I will throw the skins into the hedge until I see scientific evidence that’s bad for the planet.

Top Bottom