bands from a while ago that you've rediscovered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaun75

Über Member
Just rediscovered 'Bandwagonesque' by Teenage Fanclub. I dug it out because i read something about them on the net.

It's a truly great album, for me anyway. It takes me back to a special time and place. Although if it was that great how come i forgot it?!

Early Genesis stuff (before Gabriel left). What a load of old guff.

mondobongo

Über Member
I was a big fan at 16-19 then moved onto other stuff before rediscovering just how great those first 4 Marillion albums were in the late 90's.

Saw Fish do a tour warm up gig a while back in the tiny Rock Cafe Stourbridge when he played Misplaced Childhood in its entirety very emotional.
Alas Marillion themselves disappeared up their own arse.

yenrod

Yello ! (the swiss set-up)

alecstilleyedye said:
i've put all my all about eve stuff onto the mac & ipod and i have to say i had completely forgotten how great they were, and the live tracks reminded me of how fantastic a live act they were.

and to think i nearly put the lot on ebay :blush:

anyone else rediscovered a previously cherished artist and realised that their music transcends the era you liked them in originally?

papercorn2000

Rhythm Thief said:
I've just sold most of my Brian Johnson era AC/DC records on ebay. I had a quick listen to some of them before I listed them and was struggling to see why I bought them in the first place. The Bon Scott stuff is still superb though.

BJ was never as good as BS but he does give it his all and seems to be doing it for the jersey!

purpleR

Guru
shaun75 said:
Just rediscovered 'Bandwagonesque' by Teenage Fanclub. I dug it out because i read something about them on the net.

It's a truly great album, for me anyway. It takes me back to a special time and place. Although if it was that great how come i forgot it?!

That's one of my favourites too. I went to see them perform the whole album at the Barrowlands last year - original line up with Brendan drumming - lots of fun and funny to see lots of ageing contemporaries of mine too.

I dug my vinyl copy out at the time and then left it in the sun by mistake, now it's all curly :sad:

Kirstie said:
I dug out some old Sky albums recently, for a giggle. Some of it's not bad...and I didn't know how lame prog rock was when I was 10, so I can be excused...

Most of Sky played with Curved Air over the years!:
Vivaldi

I used to have a thing for Sonja Kristina. Saw her at the Cambridge Corn Exchange in the 1970's!

U

User169

Chuffy said:
Half Man Half Biscuit. :sad:
Just got Back In The DHSS and Trouble Over Bridgewater from Amazon.

I.HATE.NERYS.HUGHES!!!! ;)

I've been wanting to order Back in the DHSS too, but heard that the sound quality on the CD was terrible. Have you found that a problem?

I recently dusted off my Dead Can Dance collection. It still sounds as impressive as I remember first time around, although I can't help feeling it's all a little silly.

Delftse Post said:
I've been wanting to order Back in the DHSS too, but heard that the sound quality on the CD was terrible. Have you found that a problem?
It sounds like a cheaply recorded mid 80s indie album should. :sad:
Shouldn't worries about sound quality be left to Pink Floyd obsessives with £5k stereo systems? ;);)

Top Bottom