Bang Goes Cycling's Reputation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
[QUOTE 5281876, member: 43827"]I went to the bank last week for a meeting with one of the advisers. Making casual conversation with her I asked if golf was still popular with senior staff in the banking industry.

She said that not many of them played it now. Cycling seemed to have taken over as the 'must do' sport.[/QUOTE]

So that's what drivers shout at me

"Get of the road, you banker"

Reactions: mjr

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I also know several very nice, public spirited, left wing people who play golf. One of them even sold me his bike to pay for some new clubs.
Enough to make you join the Conservative party.

slowwww

Veteran
[QUOTE 5281876, member: 43827"]I went to the bank last week for a meeting with one of the advisers. Making casual conversation with her I asked if golf was still popular with senior staff in the banking industry.

She said that not many of them played it now. Cycling seemed to have taken over as the 'must do' sport.

I always like hearing of more people taking up cycling, but this might be the death knell for the sport's reputation.[/QUOTE]
That's so funny!! Yes of course every single person who works or has worked for a financial institution is obviously beyond contempt, a thief and makes zero contribution whatsoever to society.

Oh I wish that I had your worldy outlook on life:bravo:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had a job in a bank in the mid 90s. I used to cycle to work.

I have also played golf and enjoyed it, though I would rather ride my bike. I don’t have the time (or money) to do both.

I know a farmer in Hampshire who rides a bike. It’s not Mattonsea but he probably knows him.

My brother is a dentist and a keen cyclist, but he rides a Trek, not a Pinarello. I don’t think he wears Rapha either. He and his wife spent a year riding round the world on a tandem for their honeymoon, but I doubt he even knows where Richmond Park is.

Changing the world, one stereotype at a time...

Not much I can do about estate agents though, the vile scumbags.

[QUOTE 5282573, member: 259"]It's in Richmondshire obvs.[/QUOTE]
There are a lot of Richmonds around the world, but the one in London (despite being named after the one in Yorkshire) is the most famous.

That being said, 'carn the tigers!

1200px-Richmond_Tigers_logo.svg.png

Drago

Legendary Member
41bkIoVUIEL.jpg

Top Bottom