Bank holiday plans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Armed with some 10% hydrochloric acid and some scapers, I'm going to try and remove some two year old barnacles from the hull of a very small boat. Then I'll give it a coat of anti-fouling and go out in search of mackerel.

The weekend started at lunchtime today (although I'm working voluntarily on Friday and Monday - 4 hours each day).

Playing golf tomorrow, then having a lazy day.

After work on Friday, we're partying out in the country at one of misses' mate's cottages.

Then driving to southern Sweden on Saturday to stay with my misses' b-i-l who's bringing my bike over from USA with him!

Sunday lazing and work Monday. And the forecast is :sun: :sun:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Finishing early on Friday (we don't get Bank Holidays off, but get days in lieu) to go away for the weekend, and have taken Monday off as holiday to chill out)

wobbler

Je suis avazing un jour dans France. Je suis need une libre de phrase, so as je ne starve pas.
Quel que chose le Francaise pour Kebab? Si'l vous plaite.

Mercy
Richar

Just out of interest what did I actually say?

brockers

I think I'll be recce'ing the Olympic road race route. Starting at a secret Location in central London and heading down to Boxhill 'n' back with the guys from TfL who devised it. Should be fun as my furthest ride so far this year has been 35 miles. But then I'm hard.

On duty right over the Holiday weekend :sad:

But off to the lakes when I finish on Tuesday morning :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Je suis avazing un jour dans France. Je suis need une libre de phrase, so as je ne starve pas.
Quel que chose le Francaise pour Kebab? Si'l vous plaite.

Mercy
Richar

Just out of interest what did I actually say?

According to Babelfish:

I am avazing one day in France. I am need free of sentence, so ace I starve not. Whatever thing the Frenchwoman for Kebab? Si' L you plaite. Mercy Richar

You mean, roughly (I think the bit in bold has been mangled by Babelfish):

J'ai un jour en France. J'ai besoin d'un livre d'expressions de sorte qu'I don' ; t meurent de faim. Quel est le Français pour le kebab ? Merci

I think a kebab is brochette. Babel fish says 'kebab'. Brochette is actually 'skewer', so en brochette is 'on a skewer'. We had kebabs on holiday last year and I'm sure the B and B people said Brochette - that's the meat and stuff on a skewer type. I don't know about the doner type in a pitta.

postman

Legendary Member
Friday Harewood House ,taking youngest daughter with her mates they are having a picnic there .We shall walk around the gardens .Sunday morning looking after a stall at church .Manning a pool with floating ducks as the young children try to hook the out .Not sure what they get if they manage it .Rest of hols not sure .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On extended shut down now till the 3rd of may as we have parts shortages due to the japan disaster , then we go back at 50 % capacity till it all gets sorted.

So i have lost 4 days of paid leave .

I plan to get some non commute rides in and do a few days out with the family ,other than that i will be doing jobs around the house as we are trying to sell .
I could really do with relaying the patio but given that we are losing shift premium for 2 weeks then no overtime for the foreseeable future then that plan has been shelved.

Damaged Hero

Veteran
Friday I am popping over to my local Specialized concept store to have a look at the Sirrus Comp (Very Tempted).Have to work Saturday,but if the weather behaves I am out for a ride Sunday morning then off to Clover Spa & Hotel in the afternoon to soak up the sun in the garden,(No tanlines for me as it's a Naturist venue) :becool:

Top Bottom