Bank Holiday Ride -London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
There is a London - Hastings ride on the Sunday, we could go along and race them..........:whistle:

if you wanna go racing join the dynamos'

east wittering is looking good for the monday, lets have a show of hands :hello:

martint235

Dog on a bike

east wittering is looking good for the monday, lets have a show of hands :hello:

I'll clean my chain if you come racing........:tongue:

Where's East Wittering again? I assume we're cycling there and back... count me in.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster

:hello:

Early start I guess then...? So, to be there for lunch, HPC at 6am? xx( . Am actually going to spend more time on my saddle than anywhere else that weekend... man.... am going to be sore... :surrender:

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
how you doing Davy?

i see you're doing oxford - london watch out for the suicide badgers and that chinnor hill goes on some

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I should say so
So we're looking at 110 miles there and back? That's do-able

Not really 'keeping up' with things for the moment.

Sunday, 'late' start to the seaside after allez retour of Whitstable on Saturday. Monday, HPC or other London rv. for a quick 120kms.(about :tongue: ) To the Jolly Farmer in Cookham via Windsor, Eton, Burnham Beeches - quick return via Maidenhead, Eton Wick, Datchet, Windsor Great Park then townbound to HPC or other destinations...
http://bikeroutetoas...x?course=165571

Not sure what I'm up to at the moment - convince me!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
how you doing Davy?

i see you're doing oxford - london watch out for the suicide badgers and that chinnor hill goes on some

Aye, getting there thanks mate, you? I've still got niggling issues around knee/hamstring, but sod it! ha!

Ahh, yes, I quite surprised ive seen no other uptake from anyone else about this.. but Oxford, Whitstable and Brighton make three Friday night rides in a row so undertandable.. but I could do with the company of familar faces... :shy: . Ah, yes, but I can now climb hills, honest, and much better now ive got cleat covers... ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
It is. My current record is 163.5 miles, if we could break that it would be fantastic!!! :thumbsup:

Well, if we end up "Mouseketeering", you could end up smashing that... depends if 'teef wants to come with his Garmin or not too... come on 'teef, you know you want to..

I've also noticed the route down takes us past Ally Mac'b's house, and we all know his wife bakes awesome cookies, and yet I see no comment from our fav butterfly bar rider about this ride, "Where are ya, lets be 'aving ya!" and we also go near Arundel... please pretty please, lets go past it!? :girl:

I might be up for this, subject to a bit of double checking nearer the time.

Last time I cycled to East Wittering, it was so cold my right eye partially froze up, so it would be nice to see the place properly, in the warm glow of an August bank holiday sun rise.

Top Bottom