Bank Holiday Ride -London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Ok I know some of us are doing the Fnrttc Whitstable and you'll have all of saturday to sleep
so i thought we could either do a nice long ride on the sunday or a nice short ride on the monday.

So which day?
and where to then?
Epping forest -High Beach? Anyone know any Easy routes around there?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm up for either/or Dave....

I was only thinking of last year's Jolly Farmer raffle yesterday, whilst on my travels. (The one where User actually turned up, but his brother hid behind the curtains of his café in Cookham until we had passed! :smile: ) And Muhammad Ali stopping us from getting into Cliveden!

Lonnie and Muhammad spent the day relaxing at the lovely Cliveden, a National Trust Estate built in 1666 by the 2nd Duke of Buckingham. The Cliveden is set amid over 300 acres of magnificant formal gardens and parklands. Muhammad explored and took in the lovely grounds. He walked about a mile and enjoyed the outdoors and exercise.

We forgive him! :rolleyes:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Don't know about Sunday- I'll probably want a lie-in- but might fancy a run on Monday (I would almost certainly be out on my own anyway). And if anyone fancies a jaunt rather more south of the river than usual, I could come up with a few ideas....

redjedi

Über Member
I was only thinking of last year's Jolly Farmer raffle yesterday, whilst on my travels. (The one where User actually turned up, but his brother hid behind the curtains of his café in Cookham until we had passed! :smile: ) And Muhammad Ali stopping us from getting into Cliveden!

We forgive him! :rolleyes:

I was thinking of that ride the other day as well. I guess it's not just great minds that think alike :tongue:

Perhaps we could persuade Mike e to get his bike and railcard out of retirement for this one.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Ok I know some of us are doing the Fnrttc Whitstable and you'll have all of saturday to sleep
so i thought we could either do a nice long ride on the sunday or a nice short ride on the monday.

So which day?
and where to then?
Epping forest -High Beach? Anyone know any Easy routes around there?
East Wittering. 70 miles from London, and down the A286, which is one of the finest cycling roads in England. Susie and I'll be there, waiting, with tea and cakes. Train home from Chichester, or return via the A29 - another fantastic ride.

StuAff

East Wittering. 70 miles from London, and down the A286, which is one of the finest cycling roads in England. Susie and I'll be there, waiting, with tea and cakes. Train home from Chichester, or return via the A29 - another fantastic ride.

Sounds good to me (20-odd miles from home, along some of the other best cycling roads! :smile: ).

martint235

Dog on a bike

Sounds good to me for either day

Don't know about Sunday- I'll probably want a lie-in- but might fancy a run on Monday (I would almost certainly be out on my own anyway). And if anyone fancies a jaunt rather more south of the river than usual, I could come up with a few ideas....

Happy Birthday Stu! I have been working, and missed the detail of such things - sorry.
Hope your ears have stopped ringing from a) Reigate Rd
....................................................................b) Knobworth Festival
;)

:birthday:
:cheers:

StuAff

Happy Birthday Stu! I have been working, and missed the detail of such things - sorry.
Hope your ears have stopped ringing from a) Reigate Rd
....................................................................b) Knobworth Festival
;)

:birthday:
:cheers:

No problem (I'm quite happy for people for people to forget about it.......!!!). Knebworth was splendid, ears perfectly OK..

As for the damage from Reigate, everything back to normal with the annoying exception of the skinned knuckles (just finished a course of antibiotics, they'd got infected...!). However, they seem to be going the right way finally. I went to the GP again on Friday, nurse reckoned it was looking much better. I've got a much lighter dressing on there now, I'm to keep that on for the weekend & then should be OK with regular bandages until it's healed up. Apart from the cosmetic damage, Viner's got a bent derailleur hanger (still changing gear OK fortunately, though a bit graunchy in some gears)- Velocity will sort that out in a pre-Paris service.

If it was Jolly Farmer bound, it would be a 'no stopping at Chiswick for a coffee, followed by another pee break, sandwich collection perambulation around the shopping arcade in Windsor, leading to a late lunch and missing out on sunset in Windsor Great Park...' :biggrin: ie: no faffing around! A shorter ride. But the seaside is nice. I thought about Margate too - that's abundant with spectacle and greasy chips! If 'sitting duck' came along, he could buy himself a "Kiss Me Quack" hat. :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I quite like the sound of East Wittering... Cake, fresh fish and chips and the sea for starters, but am more keen on the ride being on a Monday than Sunday, given that I wont be back from the Smrbth till late evening Saturday, yes, I am cycling it back now, and also for some obscure reason of madness, East Whittering and back could take this months projected mileage to around 1400... quite nuts really but I like the sound of that and would be ever so proud of myself.. :biggrin:

Top Bottom