Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'll be out riding, but unfortunatly it will be to work & back ;) Working all BH weekend again :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Dave, I'm busy Saturday and Sunday but wouldn't mind a run out on Monday. Maybe something to the West/South side of London? I've not tried it but hear the Windsor area's nice for riding. I'm happy to come up to town or you could ride/train down to my neck of the woods. Same goes for anyone else....Al

Yeh - come to Windsor - Eton, Chilterns, return via the café on the bridge at Eton...do Crimp hill, Priest Hill, the Windsor Great Park. Shoot out and down, drop MacB off at Yately, turn right to Martins Heron and back to Windsor via the Racecourse, fight the wind up the hill and back to Staines where Davywalnuts will have got the beers in...

Then in the afternoon we'll...

mike e

Disappointment of Whitstable no-show turns into Bank Holiday ride to sort of make up for it....

Plan's start hatching and using cunning interwebby thingy mike e spots cheapo train tickets to the smoke...:smile:

Is this a definate guy's, need to book quick for bargain tickets

Can arrive St Pancras 08:09, 08:38 or 09:01

Can leave St Pancras as late as 22:25 !!!!!!!!!!!

Now even my geographic brilliance realizes that St Pancras is not near Windsor but another quick scoot on the train and I'm there....:biggrin:

mike e

London to Windsor, plenty of trains and quite reasonably priced. Takes between 30 mins and an hour depending on which train you catch and if you have to change.

Ok - come. We are officially doing a Windsor and environs ride...mostly main roads with the odd Hampshire soul thrown in for good measure.:smile:

mike e

Aperitif said:
Ok - come. We are officially doing a Windsor and environs ride...mostly main roads with the odd Hampshire soul thrown in for good measure.:biggrin:

:smile:

I give in...................environs???

mike e

I can be at Windsor & Eton Central at 10:17 or maybe even 09:59 if I can get from St Pancras to Paddington quickly.

I can leave Windsor as late as 9pm.

Times good for everyone?

mike e

Aperitif said:
Great use of smiley mike e - sorry.

Here.

Ok so not a too difficult word that, should maybe have known.....................or did I..:smile:

Well to be honest, no not really

If I was riding up here, for example, I would say "Hull and nearby" or maybe "Hull and places not so far from Hull", it's all a bit more Janet and John the further north you travel.....

Apologies in advance to very clever people who also live in the north..:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom