Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

handbag

topcat1 said:
Alina
Handbag
ilovebikes?
Aperitif
MacB
Mike
tc1

OMG:ohmy:, I see my name's on there Alina you're naughty girl! anyway sounds fun so thanks folks to have us in, to get to Windsor I prefer to take a train from Paddington though, guys what do you say?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
handbag said:
OMG:ohmy:, I see my name's on there Alina you're naughty girl! anyway sounds fun so thanks folks to have us in, to get to Windsor I prefer to take a train from Paddington though, guys what do you say?

If we set the meet point and time for Windsor, then people can decide how they want to get there. I'm sure some will arrange other meet points and cycle and some will go by train.

Teef, we need you to set the time for the meet at Windsor and then the rest of us can plan around that(little bit of delegation there, got to get the Big Fella working on this one:biggrin:)

What time do people want to start? :biggrin:

MacB 11:00

Me Don't mind if I go into London to ride out with anyone who needs a wayfinder to Windsor - about 90 minutes, as mentioned previously...

Circuit is about 90km -so that will take three hours,:wacko: + a stop here and there and it is really a question of sightseeing, people watching, handbag shopping and all the other elements - not too late a finish and safely tucked up in bed by 21:00. (Give or take a few hours)

Alina
Handbag
ilovebikes?
Aperitif
MacB
Mike
tc1
redjedi

So, to summarise - meet at Windsor somewhere between 08:00 - 11:00, there's plenty to see.
I know Windsor and Eton Riverside is served by trains at 28 mins and 58 mins past the hour from Waterloo, if anyone wanted to arrive in the locale by train. I guess the other Windsor Station covers the choo choo from St Panc / Paddington.

Actually, the sensible thing is to make the start time tailored to mike's arrival.

*Davy's excuse is that he's playing the melody pans at Notting Hill Carnival for the Staines Kebab Calypso Co-operative.

Add your name for this casual jaunt please..

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacB said:
Ah the, now legendary, 'cryer offer' DavyW, hmmm, what chance him being up for a ride 3 days in to the holiday weekend?

HAHAHAHA!!!

Just seen this thread! Well, am actually very chuffed I was thought about...

Okay, so, my excuses?? What ones do you want?? hehehe!

Well, I would love to do this ride... but... and all apply...

1, Am awaiting on new tyres to come though, nice shiney completely white ones! This is due to a nice big screw ruining my rear tyre and alot of glass destroying my front and rear tyre about the same time.. These should be through soon, but completely differant to what I am used to feel wise..

2, It is a bank holiday weekend, the last of the year, so hence forth, it should be filled with fun and frollics and copious amount of beer and my kebaby will be most upset if i dont buy a doner of two...

3, I am moving home this weekend... where to yet, I dont know! hehehe! I am still looking!

4, I still havnet packed yet!

5, Or arranged a removal van!

6, Or checked out the local eateries!

7, Or pubs!

Now, if I move this weekend then all being well, Ill be up for this..

And I can then show Aperitif my nice new frame which loves climbing hills!:rolleyes:

redjedi

Über Member
That's a good list there Davy, I've think you've covered all eventualities :biggrin:

There seems to be a flaw in your plan though

3, I am moving home this weekend... where to yet, I dont know! hehehe! I am still looking!
I have a couple of cardboard boxes if you get stuck, but at least it's summer time.

I can also look after your new S-works for you :rolleyes:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
That's a good list there Davy, I've think you've covered all eventualities :smile:

There seems to be a flaw in your plan though

I have a couple of cardboard boxes if you get stuck, but at least it's summer time.

I can also look after your new S-works for you :biggrin:

Well, I could be getting married! But thats never happening!

Ah, yes... slight flaw... I am confident ill be fine.. I always leave things to the last min!

The s-works is tooooo small for you.. plus its Shimano based, all too confusing for you Campag boys... so yeh, I think your be fine with her! :rolleyes:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Whatever next Davy... :biggrin::wacko:

hahaha! Actually it did unsettle me as I thought the spokes had collpased on me! And please, no "who ate all the pies" gags please! :rolleyes:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Agreed Teef -

Mikee - you decide what time you're arriving at St Pancras and then what time you're arriving at Windsor and we'll gear the rest up around that - you are our leader:biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
we might even see the SittingFat duck at Bray

:cheers: I have my eye on this thread now for further remarks Teef! :rofl::smile:

Can't make this ride, as am going out for a country pootle with my mate and his sister (both just starting out cycling). If plans change I will let you know and would like to come along.

Cheers,
SD

mike e

MacB said:
Agreed Teef -

Mikee - you decide what time you're arriving at St Pancras and then what time you're arriving at Windsor and we'll gear the rest up around that - you are our leader:biggrin:

I am booked onto the train to arrive into St Pancras (from Sheffield) at 08:09 on Monday morning. My initial thought was to catch a train out to Windsor however having looked at a map it's not too far 22ish miles so we could bike it, 90 mins has been mentioned by Teef. I don't leave London till the very late hour of 22:25, this gives plenty of time for all manner of disaster and disruption to take place...:smile:

Whichever way we choose to travel to Windsor I can meet London based riders at St Pancras, I will wear a pink carnation and stand underneath the big clock..:rofl:

I am very much looking forward to this ride as I have never been to Windsor before, or I can't remember, if it was in my very younger years. The weather looks like it could be nice and it appears there's quite a few people on this ride...

To quote Mr Legg........."This could be a classic"...........or perhaps not..:cheers:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
[THREAD JACK]

Davywalnuts said:

What area are you looking in Davy? I have to find somebody to move into my place asap! Zone 2 might be a bit too urban for you though - although there's a kebab shop 1 min stroll up the road :rofl:

Excellent transport links, with Clapham Junction less than 10 mins walk away.

[/THREAD JACK]

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sittingduck said:
[THREAD JACK]

What area are you looking in Davy? I have to find somebody to move into my place asap! Zone 2 might be a bit too urban for you though - although there's a kebab shop 1 min stroll up the road :rofl:

Excellent transport links, with Clapham Junction less than 10 mins walk away.

[/THREAD JACK]

Wheres Zone 2? Ideally around staines area... where else huh! lol!

Mmmmm, kebab shop any good?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Davywalnuts said:
Wheres Zone 2?

Outside of zone 1 but not as far as zone 3 :biggrin:

Are you planning to come to AH's ride which I think will take in COLCHESTER 7 times ? :wacko:

Top Bottom