Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
If it is possible to gloat from the position of 2nd bottom then the answer is yes :wacko:

alinaee

mike e said:
I am booked onto the train to arrive into St Pancras (from Sheffield) at 08:09 on Monday morning. My initial thought was to catch a train out to Windsor however having looked at a map it's not too far 22ish miles so we could bike it, 90 mins has been mentioned by Teef. I don't leave London till the very late hour of 22:25, this gives plenty of time for all manner of disaster and disruption to take place...:biggrin:

Whichever way we choose to travel to Windsor I can meet London based riders at St Pancras, I will wear a pink carnation and stand underneath the big clock..:wacko:

I am very much looking forward to this ride as I have never been to Windsor before, or I can't remember, if it was in my very younger years. The weather looks like it could be nice and it appears there's quite a few people on this ride...

To quote Mr Legg........."This could be a classic"...........or perhaps not..;)

Mike i will meet you at st pancras at 8:15, you can lead the way to windsor

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
4F said:
If it is possible to gloat from the position of 2nd bottom then the answer is yes :wacko:

Yup! But its a month away so you never know where we will each be in the league table!

Just checked it out! If Aperfits is cycling there and back am in! I think! *note to consult drinking diary*...

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Davy, you got a new bike then?

I just bought this for my brother
2vboub6.jpg

fresh out the box.:wacko:

handbag

mike e said:
I am booked onto the train to arrive into St Pancras (from Sheffield) at 08:09 on Monday morning. My initial thought was to catch a train out to Windsor however having looked at a map it's not too far 22ish miles so we could bike it, 90 mins has been mentioned by Teef. I don't leave London till the very late hour of 22:25, this gives plenty of time for all manner of disaster and disruption to take place...:wacko:

hhmmmm alright I don't mind to cycle to Windsor if we don't start too early, we can meet up with Mike at Kings X and have some breakfast there even... which makes us to get to Windsor at 10:30ish?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
topcat1 said:
Davy, you got a new bike then?

I just bought this for my brother
2vboub6.jpg

fresh out the box.:biggrin:

Ohhhh:girl:
Did I mention they we are distant relatives by the way TC! Note for your diary; my birthday is 13th May and I'm about a 54 frame size :wacko:

handbag

BTW Mike, Condor opens from 9am to 6pm on Monday but I don't know if this applies to Bank holiday Monday, but if they are open you might want to pop in there in morning for a little shopping?

mike e

Hello all,

OK, so the getting to Windsor bit.

I'm not sure of a route, as in I haven't ridden there before, but I can "hack" my way across in that general direction, any route advice please from St Pancras to Windsor? EDIT - not reqd, pm from Teef.

Alinaee & Kat,Teef meet ST PANCRAS not Kings Cross and we can find somewhere nice for breakfast, set off 9am to arrive Windsor 10.30am ish give or take, with a meeting time for everyone else 11am depart

TC1 same arrangements? with your brother? and his loverrrrrly new bike?

This is going to be good........:wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I knew it, knowing you both I thought you looked very similar :biggrin:

Sittingduck said:
Ohhhh:girl:
Did I mention they we are distant relatives by the way TC! Note for your diary; my birthday is 13th May and I'm about a 54 frame size :wacko:

mike e

handbag said:
BTW Mike, Condor opens from 9am to 6pm on Monday but I don't know if this applies to Bank holiday Monday, but if they are open you might want to pop in there in morning for a little shopping?

We won't have time for Condor, thank god, as much as I like the shop (I still haven't visited since the re-fit) I spend most of my £££ catching trains to London...:wacko::biggrin:

Ah! Anthony!

Your previous arrangements have now been incorporated into the Bank Holiday Monday adventures - "Mouseketeer Monday"

Please invite your 'close friends who have just started out'

Can't make this ride, as am going out for a country pootle with my mate and his sister (both just starting out cycling). If plans change I will let you know and would like to come along.

prize B*ll**ks if I ever heard it. BRING THEM WITH YOU! This will be a country pootle - with lorries!
Come on Anthony...you are falling into the Davywalnuts rut of dispair - you're better than that!
(And Davy - don't take that lying down..."screw_in' your wheels" whatever - get on up! "Take me to the bridge" will not be Staines Bridge either...It will be a local fixture for you, you idle git ;) )

Anymore for HMS Punishment?! More videos and fun to follow.
I promise it will be ok as Luke is leading the ride...:biggrin:
...with Dave :tongue:
..and Davyw - "The Sex Machine" :wacko:
Oh - and bring some little (because lots of littles makes a lot) money for a special rolling raffle for mikee's Help For Heroes - we are going to have some fun! :biggrin: I have prizes galore!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I had considered it Teef but one of them is on a nobbly tyre mtb that's seen better days and the other has only cycled a grand total of about 40 miles on his new bike so far (same goes for how far he has cycled in the past X years)! Maybe one day - but not yet :biggrin:

mike e

Luke is the ideal man to lead out this ride, if you lose sight of him you just listen out for his freehub........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mike e

I'm liking "Mouseketeer Monday"

I never did receive confirmation of membership to this club of elite cyclists..:biggrin:

Top Bottom